Dog Attacks.

• 23 Replies

Little jack

Re: Dog Attacks.
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 19:27 »
 :( Yes i nieghbour wasn,t at all happy on his return.He has been to see the dog owner who has reasured us that when he lets his dog out in his garden it,s going to be musseled, but that remain's to be seen.He has repaired the whole in the fence of his garden of sorts.I think it,s just a matter of time before the dog is back.If it does come back i will be calling the dog warden, may be paying to get his dog back might make him be more responcible.

RIKJD89

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 20:10 »
I would point out nicely to the owner of the dog that it is their responsibility to keep the animal under control. You have witnessed it killing livestock and it attacked your animals on your property. It is your entitlement to protect your livestock from dogs out of control. . Farmers will shoot dogs worrying their sheep.
If you make this clear to the owner of the dog and point out it is his responsibility under the  Control of Dogs act, he might get the message.

I have 2 large dogs which are always under control. It is only fair to them. I have chickens and they need to be safe.
If a dog chases small squeaky animals, which is instinct, then a small running squealing child is also fair game.
A dog that goes out hunting like this one has done is dangerous.

As to the person whose dog was attacked and the leg broken. What happened to the attacking dog? Again this is a dangerous dog and has to be dealt with.

The highlighted sentence is not accurate as most hounds, gundogs and terriers are trustworthy with small children especially compared to guard dog or fighting dog breeds.

Lets not chuck all animal chasing dogs in the demon basket.

I beg to differ as the majority of fighting dogs even those outlawed under the Dangerous Dog Act were bred to be good around people just not animals and the majority of bull terriers love children to bits.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 20:40 »
Keep on track please peeps.  This topic is about dogs and chickens not children.

My steering is a bit wonky but back to the chicken Run   :D

RIKJD89

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 12:10 »
If it was me id encourage your neighbour to bill the dogs owner that way he might realise just what his dog is doing to the people who live around him, he wouldn like it if it wrer the other way around would he?

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 12:14 »
I would consider suing him in the small claims court !

RIKJD89

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 12:18 »
i dare say hed only have to pay 25p a week or something daft like that if you went down that road and after all the stress and costs it wouldn really be worth it, nice idea though you can imagine his face when you dropped off the paperwork to tell him hes being sued over his dogs lack of training :lol:

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 12:21 »
The owner should at the very least pay for replacement chickens, although that in itself would not make up for the death of a much loved pet (which I imagine these girls were). Would serve him right to get a small claim against him if he refused to purchase new layers, I'd be more than happy to draft the particulars of claim on this one  :lol:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 13:08 »
For those who don't know - Caralou is a lawyer  :ohmy:

Angus

• Skyechi
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2009, 19:13 »
The owner should at the very least pay for replacement chickens, although that in itself would not make up for the death of a much loved pet (which I imagine these girls were). Would serve him right to get a small claim against him if he refused to purchase new layers, I'd be more than happy to draft the particulars of claim on this one  :lol:

thats right :) just what the Police told me you are entitled to the full cost of all your loss's the Police told me if the dog kills any of our pets they would prosecute the owner. 

xx
Vicious attacks

Started by PJM on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post January 20, 2009, 19:05
by Sarah Mitchell
xx
giving up.....two fox attacks!!!

Started by frangipani on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post May 19, 2013, 10:20
by joyfull
xx
Its seem on of my hens attacks the rest

Started by Bootzie on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 14, 2012, 08:41
by Sassy
xx
Fox Attacks Warning. It's that time of year again.

Started by Kate and her Ducks on The Hen House

497 Replies
Last post February 17, 2020, 16:42
by nerdle

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 29 queries.