Any advice please - poorly hen ?!

• 2 Replies

Rubytuesday

Any advice please - poorly hen ?!
« on: September 06, 2010, 09:08 »
Hi, would appreciate any advice please. I have a black rock that has been laying well for the last 4-6 weeks and seemed fine yesterday morning, although she didnt lay in the morning.  However, in the afternoon I found an egg without a shell in their outside run and since then she has been acting poorly, and I can only assume it was her that laid the shellless egg. She has been standing hunched up yesterday and was off her food, although she was pecking at some oyster shell and grit.  This morning she only came out of the hen house for a while (not sure if she has eaten or drunk anything) and is now just sitting in the nestbox looking very sorry for herself, and doesnt seem interested in any food i put in front of her.  She is usually my most enthusiatic and hungry hen so im really concerned for her!  I have checked her over and cant see anything obvious wrong with her, and i do worm them regularly and sprinkle diatom around regularly to keep mites etc at bay, and spray against red mite regularly too.  I have put some cider vinegar in the water and started worming treatment again today just in case, but dont know what else to do.  Any ideas appreciated, Thanks

Jeanette

Re: Any advice please - poorly hen ?!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 10:15 »
She will probably be allright in a while it doe's take it out of them to lay a softie. You could put her in a warm bath and that might help her.

Rubytuesday

Re: Any advice please - poorly hen ?!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 10:46 »
Thanks, will give it a try. Did manage to get her out of coop to have a drink just now.

xx
poorly poorly hen advice please

Started by feelingbroody on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post August 10, 2011, 18:22
by feelingbroody
xx
Advice for poorly hen please

Started by Kazoo on The Hen House

15 Replies
Last post October 15, 2010, 13:53
by Flowerpower136
xx
Poorly hen - advice please!

Started by e_hothersall on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 23, 2009, 11:36
by e_hothersall
xx
some advice please-poorly hen

Started by Flump on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post December 20, 2009, 18:20
by Flump

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 34 queries.