premium Bonds

• 29 Replies

mrs bouquet

premium Bonds
« on: February 04, 2023, 13:47 »
Yea,   Always win something every month, normally £25.  This month I have won £225.   I still won't spend it, I hate spending money  :closedeyes:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: premium Bonds
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 15:01 »
Enjoy something you fancy, even if it's just turning the heating up a bit when it's chilly.
Enjoy it while you can, that's what I believe... family get what's left when I'm gone, but it's mine while I'm still here  ::)

Lardman

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 19:59 »
Yea,   Always win something every month, normally £25.  This month I have won £225.   I still won't spend it, I hate spending money  :closedeyes:  Mrs Bouquet

You can't take it with you Mrs B. Isn't there something completely frivolous you've been avoiding buying?

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 20:46 »
You obviously got mine this month Mrs B, lucky you. I agree buy yourself something nice or as Mum says turn the heating up!
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 22:23 »
My boy already knows he's getting nothing from us when we go. He's got to be his own man and not waiting on a windfall. (though there is a little something for him of course ;)  )
Congratulations Mrs B

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2023, 07:05 »
Well done, Mrs B!

I got the text yesterday, and then the website crashed, so I guess everyone was getting in on the act!

Luckily, it was a £50.00 win, but nowhere near yours!

I wonder how soon it would be for them to tell me I'd won the big one? The Daily Express seems to find out pretty soon after the doors open on the 1st of the month, but nobody rang me this time!

jaydig

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2023, 09:06 »
We've had nothing for a few months now, but we did win a few £25 ones prior to that.  Do have a little treat, Mrs B,  I know all of us of a certain age like to know that we have enough behind us for emergencies, but we do deserve a little something nice now and again.  Even something like a little flowering plant for the house cheers me up no end, especially at this time of the year. 

Lardman

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2023, 09:15 »
They have just increase the rates to 3.15% of the price fund, it's a little bit of safe excitement on a monthly basis.

Growster...

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2023, 09:54 »
They have just increase the rates to 3.15% of the price fund, it's a little bit of safe excitement on a monthly basis.

I still rate Premium Bonds a better bet than the measly interest from the banks, and it's also a treat to look forward to every month!

Goosegirl

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2023, 10:21 »
Enjoy something you fancy, even if it's just turning the heating up a bit when it's chilly.
Enjoy it while you can, that's what I believe... family get what's left when I'm gone, but it's mine while I'm still here  ::)

Exactly. Why be the richest person in the graveyard!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2023, 13:11 »
We've had nothing for a few months now, but we did win a few £25 ones prior to that.  Do have a little treat, Mrs B,  I know all of us of a certain age like to know that we have enough behind us for emergencies, but we do deserve a little something nice now and again.  Even something like a little flowering plant for the house cheers me up no end, especially at this time of the year.

Actually, I have a supermarket shop to do.  The idea of an indoor pot plant appeals.  Thanks

MrsPea

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2023, 15:20 »
I also had a win of £250. every little helps  :D
I Love my green house

Lardman

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2023, 17:05 »
I still rate Premium Bonds a better bet than the measly interest from the banks
I won absolutely nothing in 2 years so cashed them out. I was looking at the 1 year fixed term bond though, 3.9% paid monthly isn't to be sniffed at.

Aled

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2023, 13:17 »
I was born in 1971, and a family friend gave me £10 worth of premium bonds as a birth present, when £10 was worth something....in 51 years I have never won a single thing, checked up when i found the bond a few years ago, to keep it going i needed to increase it a bit so i added another £25, still not won anything. Well done to those of you who have won.
Cheers. Aled

mrs bouquet

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2023, 14:32 »
Well, it has happened again £100 this month yipee  Mrs B

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 52 queries.