Jackies limping

• 9 Replies

Jeanette

Jackies limping
« on: March 14, 2010, 13:30 »
Can anyone help. Jackie caught her ring between her toes and the spur, I dont know how she did this but as soon as i saw it i took the ring of her. Since then she is limping a lot, the foot and leg is not swollen there is nothing to see  and she has not broken the skin and her leg and foot is the same temperture as the other. What can i give her to make her feel more comfortable. Or do i just leave her. Thanks :(

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Jackies limping
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 13:58 »
If the temp of the leg is the same and it is not swollen then it's likely to be a sprain rather than a break. Not much you can do but just make sure she she has easy access into her coup and her perch (if she roosts that it). Have you checked under her foot as well?
Staffies are softer than you think.

Jeanette

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 14:16 »
I have checked her everywere and there is nothing to be seen. Both legs and feet feel perfectly normal. She is getting around fine and eating and drinking. I think i am just over reacting just like any mum. ::)

joyfull

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 14:17 »
sounds like it's nothing serious then  :)

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 14:20 »
One of my cats did this to me... she got her claw caught in the collar and was happing along. I sorted her out and all day she kept limping and looking very sorry for herself so I took her to ther vets. Once at the vets she lept out of the cat box and ran around the room - I was so embarrassed and looked like such an idiot having taken her  :lol:

Hopefully she will be fine by bedtime, but I'm sure she wouldnt object to a little treat this afternoon though  ;)

joyfull

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 14:24 »
We had a dog that used to limp, but every now and then he used to forget which leg it was and look all pathetic holding up a different one  :lol:

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 14:42 »
My Gran's old dog Zoe used to do that! We would tell her to show us her poorly leg and she would lift it up looking pathetic but then she would swap which leg she showed us :lol:

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 11:48 »
How is she this morning? Hopefully running around being a little terror for you   ;)

viettaclark

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 21:14 »
My Magpie, Phyllis, caught her foot when rushing down the ladder. It was only a sprain and she limped, favouring the other leg, for a couple of days and then was fine....just like us, I suppose? ;)

ehs284

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 21:41 »
Two weeks ago one of our two Blackrocks (Rocket) was caught by a dog and escaped minus a few feathers and with some damage to one leg. No punctures or breaks, but she held it up and back so every night I brought her into the house to be warm and have a straw bed. She started to wait for me to pick her up to be brought in. This was working and she was gradually putting more and more weight on it. Last night I returned home later than expected and found all asleep except one Blackrock, so I grabbed her, closed all and took her into her bedroom and went to bed myself. This morning I found that I'd grabbed the wrong bird! Ah well, all can now perch together tonight. :D

xx
Limping

Started by chickenlicken on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post April 14, 2009, 10:15
by chickenlicken
xx
limping hen

Started by mias chooks on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post September 15, 2009, 15:30
by Aunt Sally
xx
Limping and looking sad

Started by Honey65 on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post November 14, 2013, 17:39
by Honey65
xx
Limping hen

Started by Sylvester on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post September 27, 2010, 23:34
by Sylvester

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 36 queries.