Freezer space...

• 9 Replies

Growster...

Freezer space...
« on: November 08, 2016, 17:37 »
We have absolutely no space left in two under-worktop freezers, they are just jam-packed with all sorts of stuff...

Mrs Growster needs to simmer some pumpkin tomorrow, and I just cannot find a cubic inch of space anywhere!

If I have to rearrange it all yet again, I'll be applying to the Arctic Expedition for advice on frostbite!

Has anyone any spare space please..;0)

madcat

Re: Freezer space...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 17:53 »
Afraid not.  I had to admit peak freezer about a week ago, when I had made tomato sauce out of the toms that were starting to go wrong, and didnt have anywhere to put it any of our 3  ::) freezers.  We are now eating on the principle of what takes the max space per meal in the freezer is what we are going to have ....  which is a very good excuse for poached eggs on crumpets for lunch!   :D
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

chrissie B

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 19:42 »
Get something out for tea , im already slimming down mine for you know what .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 22:20 »
I too am short of space and am continually rearranging my 2 under counter freezers to try and find some. I am seriously considering buying a chest freezer for next season. It will have to live in the potting shed area of the garage.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 22:48 »
I'm cutting down a bit, so some space in my big chest freezer Growster!   ;) ;)

When we had the turkeys and chickens, we had 4 freezers, but gave the small chest freezer to step son, then couple of weeks ago gave the medium one to a nice man on freecycle, so just got 2 left now.  big chest freezer and small under counter one.

chrissie B

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 08:16 »
We got a small chest freezer for the shed hubby put some power i n there for me its great specially when the fruit needs freezing.
you have to check if its. Ok for being in a shed as the out side temp is a lot lower.
chrissie b

wapello

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 20:37 »
 Growster, get a chest freezer in the garage or shed,,,, sorted.
Colin

Growster...

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 06:56 »
Well, she managed it, but the shelves are now stuffed to breaking point!

We finished with twelve plastic freezer bags laid flat on trays for the initial freeze, and goodness knows if I'll be able to prize them out again...

The whole freezer scene isn't helped by seeing a great deal on meat at a local butcher...

I think that this is this year's last foray into freezing stuff, and from now on, it's pay-back time!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 09:07 »
Good to have all those bags of soup there waiting to eaten whenever you are ready though  :)

I've been trying to use some stuff up to shunt round the bulk items in mine - homemade tomato sauce frozen in takeaway style plastic boxes is the main space filler, although it has recently been joined by a bulk batch of braised red cabbage.

I find the boxes easy because they stack.  B&M sell a pack for around £1 or £1.50  :unsure:  It works out at about 10p a box and they can be reused a few times if you are careful with them.

There is a whole shelf free now, but not for long  ;)  We have a double staff discount week coming up at work as a little bonus, so my winterval stores are going straight in there  :D

snowdrops

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 14:41 »
Good to have all those bags of soup there waiting to eaten whenever you are ready though  :)

I've been trying to use some stuff up to shunt round the bulk items in mine - homemade tomato sauce frozen in takeaway style plastic boxes is the main space filler, although it has recently been joined by a bulk batch of braised red cabbage.

I find the boxes easy because they stack.  B&M sell a pack for around £1 or £1.50  :unsure:  It works out at about 10p a box and they can be reused a few times if you are careful with them.

There is a whole shelf free now, but not for long  ;)  We have a double staff discount week coming up at work as a little bonus, so my winterval stores are going straight in there  :D

Our daughter bought a box of takeaway type boxes from the Chinese supermarket, there was something like 522 in there for just under £20. Were still using them! I tip out the frozen contents & wrap in cling film, then poly bag, all the same together, label once & that leaves a bit more room as there's always space wasted in the tub. Just a thought.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

xx
freezer jam

Started by chickpeacurry on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

1 Replies
Last post August 02, 2015, 16:11
by Mrs Bee
xx
Freezer clear-out...

Started by Growster... on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

5 Replies
Last post June 16, 2018, 12:26
by Growster...
xx
Freezer Trays

Started by beanman on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

11 Replies
Last post August 19, 2011, 17:22
by Yorkie
xx
My new freezer's arrived but...

Started by ColinGrigson on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

14 Replies
Last post July 11, 2008, 15:04
by Moosey

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 39 queries.