So what did you wear this morning...

• 52 Replies

Casey76

Re: So what did you wear this morning...
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 12:13 »
At weekends it is PJs with big coat (and more recently hat) over the top... note to self, crocs aren't so good in the snow... too many holes at the toe end!)

During the week, it depends on how late I'm running.  If I have plently of time then it's PJs, if I'm running late, then I get dressed first (and hope I don't go my length in the mud lol)

Clarie

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 12:47 »
Iwear my dressing gown and wellies. One morning I didn't fasten my dressing gown properly and the belt was dangling down. One of the hens grabbed it and started pulling. Luckily I managed to pull it back otherwise I'd have been weariing a lot less than anticipated. I expect it would have given the neighbours a chuckle to see me streaking up the garden wearing nothing but welly boots! :blush:

jinty1911

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 20:10 »
Every morning it's knickers, fluffy dressing gown and slippers which isn't normally a problem because chicken house is at back door (unless it's windy), and now because of the bad weather have to go down garden and bring rabbits frozen water bottles in.  We are overlooked by 6 houses but think neighbours are used to it by now.

Chookiechook

• riverside quails
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 21:37 »
Looks like I am going to be in the minority then..... I only ever go out in dressing gown in an emergency!!

I am always fully dressed, wellied up and big coat on :(

Mind you the hens have to wait till I am ready...... I am not a slave to my girls ;)
I love Pekins, Polands and Seramas :) and eggs!!!

Kathie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 09:07 »
Chookiechuck I'm in the minority with you that's why Sunday was so mortifying for me.  I now see the funny side and as soon as builders have finished I may do the pj, dressing gown and welly outfit  :D
3 dogs now, 2 passed RIP Poppy and Paige, one wonderful husband and a new adventure on this wonderful island

Foghorn-Leghorn

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 20:13 »
On weekday mornings I'm always dressed and ready for work but just put my gardening trainers, or in the case of the last few days, muckboots on. 

Weekends are a different story entirely and I join the ranks of the dressing gown brigade (with the aforementioned trainers / muckboots).  Summer it isn't too bad, in fact it's quite pleasant but at this time of the year it's an attempt for the world speed record to get done and back in bed!
"The chicken came first—God would look silly sitting on an egg."

— Author Unknown

ManicMum

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 08:56 »
Reading the chat and enjoying it but this post..........I've not got the chickens yet, I'm researching all the aspect of feeding and caring for them........then I'm brought up short as I hadn't realised I'd need to lay in (pun intended) designer nightwear to ensure I don't let the girls down when I hurtle down the garden in the mornings!!

Maybe the Hunter wellies will mean the hens are not ashamed of my apparel....

Only joking - it's the neighbours we need to impress I suppose.
ManicMum

evie2

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 09:14 »
The sartorial elegance of the dedicated chicken keeper defies description ;)
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

Junie

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 13:02 »
No more pyjama dashes for me.   :tongue2:
Had my automatic pop hole opener for Christmas.  Check on food and water in the afternoon/evening, then check on them once ready..... Love it!

Tigerwren

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 21:21 »
Haha!  I got caught hiding behind my chicken coop last weekend.  I was still in jammies and dressing gown but had gone to have a chat with the girls before I let them out of their run.  the neighbour appeared on the lane in her quad and I tried to hide, but got caught looking v silly hunkering down - tres posh no doubt is what she will have been thinking!!! :tongue2:

Pertelotte

• Experienced Member
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 09:01 »
Haha!  I got caught hiding behind my chicken coop last weekend.  I was still in jammies and dressing gown but had gone to have a chat with the girls before I let them out of their run.  the neighbour appeared on the lane in her quad and I tried to hide, but got caught looking v silly hunkering down - tres posh no doubt is what she will have been thinking!!! :tongue2:

I wouldn't worry!

PJs, a fluffy dressing gown and wellies are both practical and comfy. When you look back at photos and see what you wore in public thinking you were the bees knees, it all falls into perspective. I remember what I myself wore in the eighties: the blood now runs cold! As long as you're warm and decent .... and what business do the neighbours have peering at you, anyway?

Pertelotte  ;)

rachelr

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 09:22 »
Ok marriage on the rocks if you even whisper i told you this. OH let me have a lie in this morning and he let the chooks out in his boxers and a t shirt :wub: :dry:

Maybe thats why the neighbours are putting up a huge fence lol

andreadon

• My Diary
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 14:53 »
I wear my PJs under my coat!  :D

gibbo

• Experienced Member
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 19:50 »
I go for the layered look! pj's,fluffy dressing gown(with hood up!), coat, and wellies!  Neighbours have got used to it now!

Bonniebean

• Experienced Member
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 15:41 »
Crumbs - what time do you get up??? I've walked the dog before the girls come out!!! My favourite thing I grabbed second hand this winter was a ski suit - so warm and cosy I could even sit out with the girls in the snow!

xx
What a stressful morning!

Started by GrannieAnnie on Chicken Chat

17 Replies
Last post August 12, 2011, 15:42
by salt and pepper
xx
Emu died this morning

Started by Oliveview on Chicken Chat

9 Replies
Last post January 27, 2011, 11:54
by Oliveview
xx
Look What i found this morning

Started by bastonjock on Chicken Chat

14 Replies
Last post May 31, 2011, 12:52
by Vit
xx
New chicks, hatched this morning

Started by nuzuki on Chicken Chat

13 Replies
Last post June 14, 2012, 20:38
by NormandyMary

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 36 queries.