Oh how I wish.....

• 40 Replies

BussinSpain

• Experienced Member
Oh how I wish.....
« on: February 07, 2013, 16:11 »
that my husband would let me have chickens again.  We had them in the UK and were over-run with eggs from about 8 Rhode Island Reds and about 4 Light Sussex, then along came a few Banties which were free to a good home, them a breeding trio of Black Marans.  The Marans did not last long as my husband spotted that one was a cockerel (I knew that but failed to tell him what I had bought)  He did say originally that there was to be NO COCKERELS!!!!!!!!!!! He used to be a Police office on strange shifts and did not want to be woken up by any cock-a-doodle-doodling!!!  The Marans then spent their days on a farm near by.  I WANT CHICKENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now what shall I do today?

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Oh how I wish.....
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 16:31 »
My hubby has that many hobbies that he wouldn't be able to say I couldn't have birds.  When I bought some turkey eggs for my broody to hatch I just told him that I had sorted out the Christmas dinner!!   :ohmy:

Well it keeps me out of mischief.   :wub:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 17:33 »
that my husband would let me have chickens again. 

I'm sure your husband doesn't tell you what you can and can't do, leave him if he does  :ohmy:

It's a case of negotiation.  Just decide between you how many you need but NO cockerels.

If he says 0 and you say 8 then meet half way and get 4.

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 19:30 »
I agree with Aunt sally, even if you start with three, you can accidentally 'top up' a year done the line.  ;)

wighty

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 19:53 »
Keep these men in check with a firm hand eh Aunty! :D  I would also like some but none means none in  this house.

BussinSpain

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 08:48 »

I'm sure your husband doesn't tell you what you can and can't do, leave him if he does  :ohmy:

It's a case of negotiation.  Just decide between you how many you need but NO cockerels.

Good starting point Aunt Sally - thanks:)

Dawnuss

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 09:18 »
Come on crack the whip bussinspain  :lol: my oh doesnt have a chance when it comes to what pets we have as anything we do have becomes my responsibility and he does usualy fall in love. Hr buys motorbikes I buy pets  :D

pepsi100

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 10:10 »
mmmm, I have seen a few problems when the partner is in the police force, they are so used to giving out orders, telling anyone what to do and expecting it to be done, if it doesnt arrest follows, this dont happen in a partnership or marriage, but they expect their word to be law

Its a domination thing for anyone in the police, that is why they like and do the job

I better not say any more

I hope you do get a few chooks though :)
It's all about the journey, not the destination

BussinSpain

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 12:07 »
Pepsi100 you made me laugh :lol:  As long as every one of my sentences gets replied with a "yes dear" then all should be well....

pepsi100

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 12:14 »
Pepsi100 you made me laugh :lol:  As long as every one of my sentences gets replied with a "yes dear" then all should be well....

Glad it bought a smile then  :)

I still hope you get some chooks though

snowdrops

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 12:19 »

I used to use that form of negotiation with the children over bedtime/pocket money,what time to be in by :D I used to say a ridiculously early/low number they said another,sometimes their number was less than I wanted,they went away happy they'd got it there own way,I kept them safe/well rested etc. Don't think they ever realised :lol:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 12:24 »
...  I would also like some but none means none in this house.

Oh come on, Wighty.  You're feistier than that !

Debbieta

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 19:22 »
Maybe start with something bigger hmmm... sheep, goats . . llamas, donkeys.  Then look really disappointed with the inevitable no. .  then chickens will seems like a much better choice hehe..

yaxley

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 22:57 »
Maybe start with something bigger hmmm... sheep, goats . . llamas, donkeys.  Then look really disappointed with the inevitable no. .  then chickens will seems like a much better choice hehe..

Yer thats the way to do it start bigger ostrich or emu ...
Grow organic as nature intended

pepsi100

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 11:05 »

Yer thats the way to do it start bigger ostrich or emu ...

Oh, yes, get an emu egg, last one I saw on ebay went for £61, and it was BELIEVED fertile, now explain that when it dont hatch or the bill for it appears on the CC statement

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 35 queries.