chamomile filling the lawn's bare patches

• 1 Replies

wneva

chamomile filling the lawn's bare patches
« on: September 03, 2022, 16:10 »
We have a small garden with a very ropey lawn.  There are tree roots everywhere from an old cherry tree, and it's shaded for half the day.  And we have ... a dog.  So we are rather used to the lawn looking a bit scruffy.

In one area we had a box hedge but it has been destroyed by the box moth, so I dug it up and returfed.  Most of the new turf has taken well and looks good.  But there are some bare patches, some because of thick roots breaking the surface.  Other patches seem to be where turves met.  I've been hoping the new grass will encroach and eventually cover the patches.  Then about three weeks ago i decided to try chamomile in the root areas. I bought three little pots online, and planted them next to the root. They have all thrived and look really good.  So I've ordered some more for a couple of other patches.

Is it best to leave the chamomile to grow for a while (months?  or longer?) before trimming it down?  It's chaemaemelum nobilis (says the grower).

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: chamomile filling the lawn's bare patches
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 22:13 »
I have no experience of chamomile lawns, but have found this article from the RHS which may (or may not!) be of help.

https://www.rhs.org.uk/lawns/chamomile-lawns
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

clip
Strange white patches on the lawn.

Started by Grubbypaws on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post November 05, 2022, 03:49
by Subversive_plot
clip
Growing chamomile from seed

Started by WendysLot on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post May 31, 2020, 21:53
by WendysLot
xx
Filling raised beds

Started by Elaine G on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post August 05, 2016, 19:56
by Yorkie
xx
Bare soil

Started by londongardener on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post August 28, 2018, 18:24
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.696 seconds with 39 queries.