More rotavator help please

• 21 Replies

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 16:27 »
Got no idea Lilacsplash I've wondered myself but don't think theres any way of finding out, I keep looking on ebay to see if there's any pics on their,
On mine the cable goes under the "go" wheel ( drive wheel ) but it still just touches, Just to add to the confusion the cover over the drive belt on mine has a small hole at the top, no idea whats that for and also the last one I saw on ebay had a depth thingy in front of the engine  :D  

Just found this on ebay and it shows quite clearly the cable coming out of the cover at the same angle as mine, but look just in front of the engine its got a chrome handle that mines missing, thats something to do with the depth I think.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

LILACSPLASH

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 16:50 »
I saw that one too. Thought about asking a question, but he's none too clear. Mind you he's hasn't got the big threaded hole :? Perhaps the silver bit on the front is for when you dig too deep and need to signal for help :D
Someone take the spanners away from me!

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 17:11 »
Like it! I've had to go and have a look at mine now! there would be nothing to stop you getting a bolt to fit and then guiding the cable under it to give more clearance on the drive wheel. But looking at mine it's painted inside so it's probably never been used for anything, also cant see what the chrome handle would do any way, I've asked him a question about it tho' cause he says he has spares for them as well. Let you know how I get on.

LILACSPLASH

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2007, 17:13 »
I could do with a cover!

dave2402

flymo dm rotavator
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 18:30 »
Hi lilacsplash noticed your post about above machine ,your photo shows the tension roller on the wrong side of drive pulley ,you need to disconect cable from clutch handle,then move the tensionong pulley around to approx 10 o'clock position reconnect your cable to clutch lever and bobs your uncle,hope this helps if not send me PM and i will send photo

dave2402

flymo dm
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 18:35 »
Hi Richyrich.the silver thing you refer to is for fitting a wheelbarrow attachment to the machine very similiar to the westwoods,ive seen many attachments which just fit on.

LILACSPLASH

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2007, 14:23 »
Sorry Dave that one's not mine, mines a lurvly :shock: blue green colour. Just using the piccie already up to try and explain what I ment! I just seems the cable running on the crank (top or bottom) would be a bad idea and thought there might be a bit missing, if you can shed any light...

It now runs and has lots of new bits, but has decided to leak petrol from the tank to carb gasket - that was fun so it's now named Fireball XL5 :lol:

xx
I got a rotavator I got a rotavator Can any one help

Started by freyaluck on Equipment Shed

31 Replies
Last post April 06, 2007, 06:43
by Gwiz
xx
rotavator Id please

Started by philymon on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post February 10, 2009, 17:49
by philskin
question
jcb rotavator

Started by btibbs on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post February 03, 2015, 19:15
by btibbs
xx
got another rotavator

Started by philskin on Equipment Shed

27 Replies
Last post January 24, 2010, 15:58
by philskin

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 32 queries.