The elusive egg

• 2 Replies

chuckmad

The elusive egg
« on: May 18, 2010, 10:22 »
Hey everyone, I started with three chickens, sadly I was down to two within two days and for 5 and a half weeks I waited patiently for "the elusive egg".  Sadly I am now down to one chicken (soon to be added to) :blush:.
Yesterday we moved the run, cleaned it out and set the feeders on blocks. Betty was delighted with the new obstacles. We locked her in and went to bed happy that she seemed happy.
I got up this morning, donned my lovely pink wellies and went out for a quick chat with Betty.  I opened the hatch to the nesting box, as usual there was the plastic egg.  I looked in further and there was the most lovely brown egg :D. Instantly I thought, Betty must really like the new spot.  BUT when I picked up the egg, I noticed it wasn't very warm.  I slowly turned it over and there in pink ink was the date stamp.
So YES, my beloved fiance had planted it there.  AND I still await the elusive egg.  :(

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: The elusive egg
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 10:34 »
 :lol: sorry I know it's probably cruel of me to laugh as you have had a rough time recently with your chickens but at least your fiance has tried to cheer you up.
Don't worry that egg will come soon and then it will be the bestest tasting egg ever  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
Re: The elusive egg
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 11:03 »
that has made my morning :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D, im sorry to laugh hun but that is funny, i can imagine your hubby laughing away to himself putting that egg in there, arh gees you have to get him back for doing that,  i hope you get your fresh egg from betty soon.  nickyx
4 girlies,  Nessa, Pamela, Stacey and Tina

Page created in 0.293 seconds with 36 queries.