Yellow hop leaves

• 2 Replies

Chees

Yellow hop leaves
« on: June 10, 2019, 02:09 »
So im growing hops mainly in plant plots. According to the interweb its iron deficiency.  Ive seen some rock flour that supposely contains essential minerals?
Ive never come across this before. Does anyone have any advice or tip on how to use it?

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Yellow hop leaves
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 08:31 »
No personal experience of growing hops, but they obviously become huge plants with matching root systems - hard to see how they could flourish in anything other than giant pots.

Rock flour sounds like a variation on 'rock dust' which has been discussed several times on the forums if you do a search.

I suspect your plants may well be short of most nutrients by now if they are growing strongly - I would start with a general purpose feed (which normally include trace elements) to see if that improves the situation before thinking about specific trace elements.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Longshanks

Re: Yellow hop leaves
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 15:21 »
I've been growing hops for the last three years. I've only seen the lower leaves turn yellow and just cut them off and the plant seems OK.  The hops themselves never seem bothered. I'm beginning to realise that the root system is indeed extensive, but maybe they'll take over the adjacent railway land.

xx
yellow pot leaves

Started by Growing4mykids on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post May 30, 2013, 08:10
by Growing4mykids
xx
Help - Yellow leaves

Started by snails2go on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 28, 2011, 10:50
by snails2go
question
Yellow leaves

Started by Rosser on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 24, 2012, 19:41
by fatcat1955
xx
Yellow Tomato leaves

Started by rikknikk on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post May 20, 2010, 14:26
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.305 seconds with 38 queries.