mud

• 4 Replies

Hooee

• lou
mud
« on: February 06, 2009, 15:31 »
I have put down some wood shavings to try to keep them out of the mud,is there anything else i can do????
ho hum !

karlooben

Re: mud
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 16:07 »
personally i would use woodbark , its better an soaks up the water more .

my run is 10m by 6 m and its on my second allotment plot rite behind my house and i am stressing big time as  i cant get the woodchips in as the tracks are to wet an boggy for the truck to drive on , i am praying it will dry up for next weekend . :wub:

for those who can roof there runs YOUR SO DAMN LUCKY   :lol: so wish i could do mine even if it only keeps out some rain .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Roughlee Handled

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 16:37 »
I have put down some wood shavings to try to keep them out of the mud,is there anything else i can do????

How big is your run and how many chickens do you have in it?
Stuart

Dont worry I am just paranoid duckie.

If I get the wrong end of the stick its because I have speed read. Honest.

Blar blar blar blar snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

Roughlee Handled

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 09:53 »
the pen is 12' x 24'
In metres this =3.6m*7.3m=26.28m squared

Working on the minimum which is 1m squared per chicken (bare mimimum and they realy need double) your chickens have 6.6m squared per chicken.  This is good.

I have 4 hens in a big secure pen with roof, the hen house is in the middle................

The imedate problem of mud could be solved if you could move the coop and run.  If this is not the case you could put down ornamental bark Poultrygeist will be able to help you with what type as I have never used it.

But as a long term measure to stop future mud I would suggest a clear roof over your run.

karlooben

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 17:28 »
get yourself loads of woodchip..... i had mine delieved today { took risk of messing up grass paths on the allotment site } and i have just layed i think around 3 tons of chips in my run . the mud has gone  :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:. although i may not be able to move tomorw i am shattered . the girls did help though they spreaed it as i tipped it out the dustbin  :D :D

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 28 queries.