Advice on allotment boundary

• 4 Replies

Artis

Advice on allotment boundary
« on: May 10, 2013, 10:51 »
Morning!

Just after a bit of advice on boundary markers. We have two neighbours, one each side of our plot. One side are fantastic and we have a line of white metal posts clearly marking the boundary. The other side however is like a junk yard. The boundary consists of a wall of corrugated metal, an old fridge on its side and various wooden boards on top, making it waist height. Is there anything I can do about this or do I just have to lump it? I'm more than happy to place markers were the current "wall" is but am concerned about the metal and fridge, especially since I have a toddler.

Any advice would be appreciated

finleyfreyaseth

• Experienced Member
Re: Advice on allotment boundary
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 11:14 »
id have a word with the plot holder voicing your concerns,if you get blanked and no help to resolve this with them id approach the allotment secretary voicing your concerns and tell them youve approached your plot neighbour and had no joy and could they do anything about it ,if theres cause for concern im sure theyll help resolve this problem.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 11:28 »
The kind of fence he has is somewhat 'traditional' - I don't think you'd have much joy getting it changed tbh, I doubt there are any rules that could be enforced to make him change it.

The answer would be to put up a fence on your own side to keep your toddler away from his plot altogether.

Beetroot queen

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 12:34 »
We put up a fence originally because we had children and I am so glad we did, now we have a toddler again it's been q god send. All our plots are surrounded by two foot grass paths so apart from people blocking them with wheel barrows etc we don't have any problems

Is it a council run allotment

grinling

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 13:43 »
Is it private or council run. is the plot itself well used or run down. plot owner might not be able to get stuff to dump, could you help. most allotments look nice these days, but people still dump stuff.

xx
Advice please for starting up. Have land and need advice before we start.

Started by mairistephen on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post May 06, 2012, 23:20
by mairistephen
xx
I need advice !

Started by Sparkyrog on Design and Construction

5 Replies
Last post March 26, 2013, 23:08
by fatcat1955
xx
hot box advice

Started by eeyore on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post January 09, 2009, 19:00
by Auntie Rain
xx
advice

Started by nomic on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post April 20, 2011, 10:14
by nomic

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 36 queries.