Propogator staging

• 2 Replies

Diddy Gardener

• Experienced Member
Propogator staging
« on: April 01, 2014, 10:44 »
I'm off at the end of this week for a seed sowing marathon. I have a large double height heated propogator in the greenhouse. What I would like to do is to be able to do a double layer of seed trays to maximise the space. I have Gurgled, but it seems that propogator staging isn't something that someone has thought of inventing (yet).

I could theoretically stack the seed trays but I'm sowing everything in paper pots as an experiment (and also to save on the pricking out and potting on activities), so don't want to squash the pots.

So over to the forum design and construction experts... what could I use to make an extra 'shelf' in my propogator?
Lucky Mother of 2 dogs, 2 cats (RiP Sherlock) and 4 chickens (welcome Brenda and Harriet)

Lardman

Re: Propogator staging
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 12:52 »
Mmm interesting..

You probably don't find them as heat is provided from a gentle source in the base and air temperature will be considerably lower and your second tier will shade out the bottom one. 

There are so many ways you could do it depending on what you have handy. Easiest way would probably be to screw some 5mm (ply/polycarb/perspects) just over the size of a seed tray to 3"x1" legs (my seed trays are 2½" deep) in  n shape and sit 1 tray on top of it. The same design would work if you had some mesh strong enough to be self supporting, just bend it into an n and sit it over the bottom tray.

Diddy Gardener

• Experienced Member
Re: Propogator staging
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 12:58 »
Ooooh, thanks Lardman. I have some old grid shelves from blowaway greenhouses that I could possible use.  :D

xx
Lean to greenhouse / propogator

Started by cyclingsteve on Design and Construction

4 Replies
Last post September 30, 2012, 10:43
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Greenhouse staging.

Started by Lardman on Design and Construction

10 Replies
Last post March 29, 2010, 21:29
by Lee1978
xx
Greenhouse staging

Started by Lee1978 on Design and Construction

14 Replies
Last post April 08, 2010, 15:26
by dexyblue
xx
Greehouse Staging

Started by black diamond on Design and Construction

5 Replies
Last post February 06, 2008, 01:23
by SkipRat

Page created in 0.409 seconds with 38 queries.