Pizza Oven

• 5 Replies

dub dub

Pizza Oven
« on: June 07, 2014, 21:44 »
So, I got a little carried away in the garden, and inspired by a brick arched bridge, thought i'd knock up a pizza oven.

The reason for this post is I need to bounce some ideas of someone incase I have forgotten or missed anything. 

I am thinking of using 150mm x 150mm quarry tiles set in concrete flush jointed, for the fire to sit on, anyone see any problems? anybody got any better ideas?

The dome that the fire sits in, I am considering whether there is a way to run pipe work through it which I can pump water through which I can then pump under the patio, as under floor heating...or am I just being stupid!!

I have considered a smoker off the chimney, possibly made out of a calor gas bottle, upside down, so I can divert the smoke through this, but I am unsure whether this will work, or will require a bit more thinking about, I could add it after.

Any ideas?  :)

Asherweef

Re: Pizza Oven
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 22:32 »
Have to be honest - I don't think you'll be able to run pipes through the dome & it will have the effect of cooling the oven because of the drop in temperature below the patio...

Snoop

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 09:27 »
There's loads of stuff on the web about pizza and bread ovens. Have a look about. Unfortunately, some sites ask you to pay for plans, but you'd certainly get a lot of information and ideas for free.

joshpeckney

• Gardeners in Bristol
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 13:10 »
Check this out. This detailed article helped a friend of mine to build his own wood-fired oven. I hope it helps you too. Don't forget to show some pictures when you finish the project :)

Dave NE

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 10:45 »
Just watched series 2 of Jamie and Jimmy who made a pissa oven out of fire bricks and 2 large clay plant pots, Dave
Today i will be mainly wearing no trousers

riggers24

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 22:17 »
Hi

I was watching a program a while ago that used a 3' x 2' paving slab that was built up on a brick base. The dome was created by forming a dome out of sand and then covering it with clay. Once it had dried out, a door was cut in and the sand scooped out.
The oven was then fired slowly to harden it off, Here is a website that has the idea
http://www.motherearthnews.com/diy/build-your-own-wood-fired-earth-oven-zmaz02onzgoe.aspx
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 22:20 by riggers24 »

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 39 queries.