Droppings - The Chicken Keeper's Guide

• 161 Replies

Hannajane

Re: 4. Poo - The Chicken Keeper's Guide
« Reply #150 on: May 29, 2017, 14:39 »
Newbie here and to chicken keeping. I noticed this morning when I let the girls out that one had a blooming poo. This post has been very helpful.......odd but helpful. I think I've identified it as an intestinal shed poo....how long will that last? Is it a once in a while thing or will it happen for a day at a time?? How many should I expect to see before I become alarmed?
Will keep an eye out for irregularities and hope to keep the girls happy & healthy!

Sophia3775

« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2017, 17:51 »
i have a poop question and trying to post a pic and cant seem to get the image on the post. any help on how to post the pic to the post?

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2017, 23:53 »

Jojedi

« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2018, 10:05 »
I had a hen sadly pass away with poop not shown in the pictures.. how do I forward them to help others.
This chart is excellent by the way thank you

chooka

« Reply #154 on: November 29, 2018, 21:17 »
The best and most understandable information on chook poo I've seen.  Thank you very much indeed

Natalie Barratt

Re: Droppings - The Chicken Keeper's Guide
« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2020, 12:34 »
Hello all, what a wonderful post! I work at the University of Leicester and my research is all about chicken gut health, so collecting and working with chicken poo is (unfortunately) a large part of this.
I actually have a project going on at the moment where I am going about collecting samples of faecal and caecal droppings from 'backyard'/allotment' hens. If anyone in the East Midlands has healthy hens and wants to let me have some of their poo (weird I know), that would be wonderful.  Thanks Natalie :)

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2020, 12:40 »
New members are unable to use the PM system because of spammers joining and then misusing the forum but I've overridden that setting for you.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

snowdrops

« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2020, 16:38 »
Hello all, what a wonderful post! I work at the University of Leicester and my research is all about chicken gut health, so collecting and working with chicken poo is (unfortunately) a large part of this.
I actually have a project going on at the moment where I am going about collecting samples of faecal and caecal droppings from 'backyard'/allotment' hens. If anyone in the East Midlands has healthy hens and wants to let me have some of their poo (weird I know), that would be wonderful.  Thanks Natalie :)

I love in Burbage & have 5 healthy chickens, you can have some of theirs if you like. How funny is it that we share the same surname, same spelling too!
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Natalie Barratt

« Reply #158 on: February 04, 2021, 11:03 »
Thank you to everyone who took part in my study!  I have just go the sequencing data back. Now to make sense of it all!  Natalie

A YM

« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2021, 19:12 »
My stomach churning and they are pretty horrid; but I can't stop giggling!

snowdrops

« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2021, 11:41 »
Thank you to everyone who took part in my study!  I have just go the sequencing data back. Now to make sense of it all!  Natalie

Thanks for the feedback Natalie, it was lovely to meet you & we were happy to take part, I’ll let the others at the Allotment’s know.
Regards
Linda

Sanna

« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2021, 15:02 »
Thankyou it is helpful, but I am confused with mine, one of my 6months chicken looks sick as she is not normal and her crown is turning purple and poop is watery yellow white , please help I don’t want it to die.
Thanks

Update : my chicken died early morning the next day, its a second one I am loosing in 2 months, She had just started laying eggs this spring. I was so sad that it passed away, I had fever for a day. I have its poop pic of day before it died. Can anyone help me diagnosis what may have happened to her so I may be careful for the other hen.
not sure how to insert image here, the poop is pale yellow/whiteish
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 02:41 by Sanna »

xx
Spoilt for Choice - A guide to Chicken Breeds Part 1. Hybrids or Pure Breeds

Started by Foxy on Poultry FAQs and other Information

8 Replies
Last post April 03, 2011, 00:33
by Lindeggs
xx
chicken Vs egg

Started by babe on Poultry FAQs and other Information

16 Replies
Last post December 12, 2009, 14:07
by Yorkie
xx
DIY chicken coop guidance

Started by poultrygeist on Poultry FAQs and other Information

1 Replies
Last post July 12, 2010, 17:45
by ElioraImmanuel
xx
Plucking and Dressing a Chicken for Cooking - with pictures

Started by Bodger on Poultry FAQs and other Information

24 Replies
Last post January 24, 2009, 19:39
by matron

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 49 queries.