Our Molly has Passed On

• 10 Replies

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
Our Molly has Passed On
« on: April 10, 2011, 09:12 »
You may have seen my posting several days ago asking advice on our hen having a dull, floppy comb.  She went down hill yesterday, still ran for meal worms, etc. though, just seemed distant and quiet.  She wanted held by both my husband and I, which is very rare.  Still it was such a shock to open the hen house up this morning and finding her dead.  Her poo has been fine, her eyes bright, breathing fine.  I swear she was an older hen when we got her last year.  She went broody within a month of arriving.  She was bigger than the rest with a full comb.  I've always suspected that she was an older hen.  She must have died in her sleep, perched along with her mates on the bar.  I keep telling myself that she had a good life and a good death.  Lots of tears in this household today, both hubby and me.   :(
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

jinty1911

Re: Our Molly has Passed On
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 09:22 »
I am so sorry to hear your sad news.  It's a horrible feeling when you lose a girl.  :(

compostqueen

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 10:34 »
Oh dear, so sorry to hear that poor Mol has gone  :(  Like you say she was probably an older girl and it was her time. 

It's good to know that we give them happy, comfortable lives, provide them with everything they need, so that when the time does come to depart for the great hen house in the sky, that we have no regrets and only happy memories of our girls  :)

RIP Molly  :)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 11:58 »
What a shame  :(  A good cry is often the best medicine but Molly did have a lovely life with you and it sounds like she quietly slipped away in her sleep so don't be too sad.

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 14:43 »
Thank you all.  We bought some wild flower seeds to plant over her grave this afternoon.  We going to toast her with some wine and plant the seeds.   :( :(

daisy1990

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 19:30 »
what a shame- horrible when we lose pets we love- as others have said take comfort from the lovely life she has had and the fact she hasn't suffered at the end
3 dogs, 8 chickens, 4 rabbits 2 guinea pigs, 10 quail, 2 fish and a demanding daughter who has gone to uni and left me with 29 animals to care for!!=)

Kathie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 19:42 »
So sorry for your loss LRH, happy memories though .. hugs to you and OH
3 dogs now, 2 passed RIP Poppy and Paige, one wonderful husband and a new adventure on this wonderful island

bantam novice

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 20:26 »
So sorry  :(
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 23:52 »
Thank you all.  We bought some wild flower seeds to plant over her grave this afternoon.  We going to toast her with some wine and plant the seeds.   :( :(

That's a lovely tribute.  Just the way a little hen would like to be remembered, I think!

gracie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 11:16 »
I feel very sad for you, lucky for Molly to have such loving parents. I filled up reading it. I have only had chicks for less than a week and feel very attached to them already

sneezer

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 14:40 »
Sorry to hear about Molly, sounds like she was well loved and had a good life.xx

xx
Molly has new feathers!!!

Started by redmolly on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post November 03, 2010, 19:31
by redmolly
xx
Milly, Molly and Mandy

Started by tosca100 on Chicken Chat

21 Replies
Last post April 28, 2014, 05:39
by tosca100
sad
Chicken passed away

Started by Devonian on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post January 26, 2011, 20:27
by Pol

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 40 queries.