Mosaic Virus?

• 2 Replies

John Wilkinson

Mosaic Virus?
« on: May 19, 2008, 17:34 »
Hi All,

I'm very new to the forum but I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have recently planted out some Pumpkin varieties (last week) but the "Musquee de Provence" seem to have something wrong with them. The larger leaves have a white thread follwing the veins in the leaves and they are starting to split. :(  I'm not sure but it looks like the Mozaic virus. :cry:  However, the plant itself still looks OK ie the stem seems to be growing. I could be wrong but I just can't find much information on it or what it looks like to be able to compare.

I have done all the right things like putting in lots of compost into the ground beforehand etc

Has anybody else had this and what should I do?

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Mosaic Virus?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 18:00 »
Hi John,

Welcome to the forums  :D  

I don't know the answer to your plant's problem, but doubtless someone will want to see a piccie before being certain of the answer ...

So if you can get a digital photo uploaded that will be great.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

gobs

Mosaic Virus?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 20:36 »
I don't know how this gets about so strongly and falsely. THE MOSAIC VIRUS, THE VIRUS! Sorry, there are a god knows 600 thousand million viruses out there, none of which curable and only identifiable in labs.

Other than that they are thankfully not that common as muck, if you buy good seed and your plants are not full of aphids, etc.

Don't have much to offer your query in particular, can just be sun burnt and wind damaged all the same as having some deficiency or whatever, piccie. :lol:

Compost might not be enough for them fellows. :wink:
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

clip
Have I got mosaic virus?

Started by Carolinela on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 11, 2017, 08:58
by Carolinela
xx
What to plant after mosaic virus?

Started by mrjones on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 30, 2008, 19:15
by Aunt Sally
clip
celery mosaic virus?

Started by Grubbypaws on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post June 30, 2023, 11:42
by Grubbypaws
xx
Potato mosaic virus?

Started by Lesleyk on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 20, 2015, 11:35
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.297 seconds with 35 queries.