A timely bit of advice.

• 10 Replies

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
A timely bit of advice.
« on: December 11, 2011, 10:58 »
I have borrowed this from the Babbington Rescue page on face book and thought it was so good and an excellent bit of advice that I thought you lot on here might want to read it.

PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE THINKING OF GETTING A DOG FOR Christmas

T’was the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring not even a mouse. Our stockings were hung by the chimney with care in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there. The children were nestled all snug in their beds with no thought of their dog was filling their head. With mom in her kerchief and I in my cap knew our dog was cold, yet didn’t care about that.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter. Away to the window I flew like a flash, figuring our dog was free of his chain and into the trash. The moon on the crest of the new fallen snow gave the luster of mid-day to objects below. When what to my wondering eyes should appear but Santa Claus with his eyes full of tears. He unchained our dog once so lively and quick… last year’s Christmas present now painfully sick.

More rapid than eagles he called the dog’s name and our dog ran to him despite all of his pain. “On Dasher, on Dancer, now Prancer and Vixen, on Comet, on Cupid, on Donner and Blitzen!” To the top of the porch to the top of the wall “Let’s find this dog a home where he will be loved by all.” I knew in an instant there’d be no gifts this year, for Santa had made one thing exceedingly clear. The gift of a dog is not just for the season. We had gotten the dog for all the wrong reasons.

In our haste to think of a cool gift for the kids there was one very important thing that we missed; A dog should be family, and cared for the same. You don’t give a gift, and then put it on a chain. And I heard him explain as he rode out of sight, “You weren’t given a gift, you were given a life!
Staffies are softer than you think.

Springlands

Re: A timely bit of advice.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 13:58 »
Hopefully many, many people will read and heed your message.

joyfull

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 17:26 »
sadly Springlands so many fail to understand what getting a cute little puppy really means in this day of a throwaway society  :(.
I went to the kennels yesterday to view a young GSD and also decided that rather than send out Christmas cards to my friends I would spend the stamp money and card purchase money on buying food, treats and a couple of toys for the dogs in the rescue centre instead. My true friends should understand and even prefer this  :)

Goldfinger

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 17:49 »

Anyone seen the advert on the TV doing the rounds....

It has Santa tilting a snow globe from side to side with us/generally people inside it.

He's like, making people slide/come together for Christmas, but in one part I think near the end, a dog slides into someones house and and is made to look like a 'gift'!  >:(

Can't remember what the advert was about because it wound me up!  :(

Springlands

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 18:00 »
sadly Springlands so many fail to understand what getting a cute little puppy really means in this day of a throwaway society  :(.
I went to the kennels yesterday to view a young GSD and also decided that rather than send out Christmas cards to my friends I would spend the stamp money and card purchase money on buying food, treats and a couple of toys for the dogs in the rescue centre instead. My true friends should understand and even prefer this  :)

That is a good idea Joyful. My sister is a cub scout leader and they would get the cubs to bring in things like dog and cat food and then they give them to a local animal rescue shelter.

I have not seen that advert Goldfinger - but it would make me cross too.  :(

joyfull

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 18:34 »
no I've not seen it either  >:(

Goldfinger

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 20:18 »

Keep watching, it'll crop up sometime.

Still trying to think of what it's advertising in the first place, but still can't think.... :(

asd1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 22:40 »
Thanks for that joyfull for that post, I have seen it before but the probablem is still so relivent! Please people don't breed or buy whilst so many die

joyfull

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 22:20 »
just seen the advert - it's for coca-cola  >:(

Goldfinger

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 16:31 »

Same here!  >:(

Never thought, with the santa bit at the end!  :(   >:(

shetan

• Experienced Member
  • a wandering soul in a gsd body
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 18:30 »
i think the point of the cola ad is that the dog is homeless and so santa tilts the globe for the dog to find a home.

i can see the anger but i think there are two ways to look at it
1 Husband, 3 German Shepherds, 3 Black Jersey Giants, 3 White Jersey Giants, 1 White Jersey Cross, 1Blue Buff Columbian Brahma, 2 Buff Columbian Brahma, 1 White Columbian Brahma,  3 Gold Brahmas, 2 Golden Quail, 2 Giant Continental Rabbits and a Sister!

xx
bee advice

Started by mrsbean on Pets without Feathers

2 Replies
Last post June 01, 2014, 11:01
by Snoop
xx
Cat advice please

Started by Hawkins on Pets without Feathers

15 Replies
Last post January 12, 2010, 15:50
by dizzylizzie
xx
Bee advice please

Started by domw001 on Pets without Feathers

3 Replies
Last post July 29, 2013, 11:41
by ANHBUC
xx
need advice please on puppies

Started by nicky d on Pets without Feathers

20 Replies
Last post November 01, 2010, 19:03
by TeaPots

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 39 queries.