Greenhouse Coming on Friday!

• 5 Replies

SalB

• salslickleshed
Greenhouse Coming on Friday!
« on: July 22, 2009, 14:10 »
Hiya , so far so good with my 2 plots. Having bumper crops of courgettes , marrows , peas , lettuces , radishes , spuds , khol rabi ... to name but a few

Have a 6x8 greenhouse being delivered on Friday and Husband is desperate for us to start growing things in pots for planting out around September time ... any suggestions?

I was thinking  about spring cabbages ... is there anything else we can be doing that will survive over winter? . Will have some space available from around September after the corn etc is harvested .

Still loving this .... have been entered by the site agent into the best kept allotment competition  :ohmy:     Don't expect to win but chuffed to have been entered  :)

Keep smilin'
Sal
The sun is always shining .... somewhere!

Elcie

Re: Greenhouse Coming on Friday!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 15:02 »
Wow Sal it is all happening for you at the moment!  Good luck with the competition - and the greenhouse!  Having that will make such a difference to the way that you are able to grow things, I know it has me.

I will watch and see what others say about the planting as I have some space now too!

lovemyveg

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 18:00 »
Hiya , so far so good with my 2 plots. Having bumper crops of courgettes , marrows , peas , lettuces , radishes , spuds , khol rabi ... to name but a few

Have a 6x8 greenhouse being delivered on Friday and Husband is desperate for us to start growing things in pots for planting out around September time ... any suggestions?

I was thinking  about spring cabbages ... is there anything else we can be doing that will survive over winter? . Will have some space available from around September after the corn etc is harvested .

Still loving this .... have been entered by the site agent into the best kept allotment competition  :ohmy:     Don't expect to win but chuffed to have been entered  :)

Keep smilin'
Sal

Our greenhouse arrived just before Christmas last year.  I have loved having it and have got so much from it so far.  Firstly all the new seedlings and runner/broad/french beans.  I prefer to start my plants off in pots before planting out, its too "hit and miss" straight into the ground.  Now, after removing the shelving in the greenhouse, we have tomatoes and cucumbers, which are all doing well.  When it is raining there is always something to do in there.  I just love my greenhouse and wish it was 4 times bigger.  Enjoy yours.

mikem

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 18:04 »
Whilst not for planting until later don't forget that garlic should be in the ground overwinter as it likes/needs hard frosts - not for putting in the greenhouse though.

Rangerkris

• My pic's
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 19:58 »
I just picked up a second 6x8 greenhouse for free hahahahaha its in the car waiting to be put up.
Thanks
Kris

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 21:36 »
Lucky you kris :D

SalB, if you like salad you can grow winter lettuce, endive/raddicio, winter hardy spring onions and corn salad in the g/h...and don't forget rocket if you like it. It carries on all through the winter in the g/h :)

xx
Greenhouse glass cracked - Friday the 13th strikes !

Started by juebill on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 15, 2007, 18:48
by corndolly
xx
Anyone see Joe Swift on his allotment netting brasicas ? (Friday GardenersWorld)

Started by garddwr on Grow Your Own

30 Replies
Last post July 22, 2009, 09:46
by braders1234
xx
Coming Soon

Started by Lardman on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post July 15, 2011, 01:21
by Dan78
xx
Anyone coming for Tea!!

Started by fatbelly on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 08, 2014, 14:16
by Beetroot Queen

Page created in 0.31 seconds with 30 queries.