What I did on the plot today - 2013

• 2699 Replies

chillimummy

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2013
« Reply #2655 on: December 16, 2013, 20:02 »
Did bit of hoeing odd weeds. Removed yellow leaves from sprouts. Garlic still not showing and leeks need to be fatter! Sprouts looking ready  :)
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Any Comments ? :
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=38.0

3 allotments

• now is the time
« Reply #2656 on: December 16, 2013, 20:53 »
Today i picked nero kale,swede,leeks,spring cabbage,swiss for the oh she has the homeless cooking, Christmas dinner tomorrow  ;)then gets a week off to spend with me so we can go fishing down the harbour,went tonight caught some fat whiting and flounder :D guess whats for tea  :closedeyes:
diggity dig dig

blackberryjam

« Reply #2657 on: December 17, 2013, 23:02 »
Fitted a new down pipe to my shed which now goes into my Water butt ,
Managed to get 4 pallets for free  to make a compost bin and collecting more tomorrow. the company said I can take as many as I like so I might make the hedging around the beds out of pallets too. :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 23:05 by blackberryjam »

Yana

« Reply #2658 on: December 18, 2013, 07:47 »
Yesterday did a bit more slab laying before the rain came on and today collecting a truck load of manure for fellow plot holders as an Christmas thank you. They commiserate when things go wrong and congratulate you when things go well. They often look quizzically at my 'erotic' vegetables (I think he meant 'exotic') and make a well earned cup of coffee just when it is needed.
If I've got time, I've got strawberry runners to put in that I got on special offer from 'lead the good life'.
I have my own cement mixer and not afraid to use it!!

Flowertot

« Reply #2659 on: December 18, 2013, 21:57 »
Weeded under the PSB & kale and disposed of yellowing leaves, picked a big bunch of kale to add to a hearty vegetable soup  :)

blackberryjam

« Reply #2660 on: December 18, 2013, 22:56 »
Dropped off more pallets, checked the greenhouse was secure. Just need a couple off dry days now so we can make the compost bin, but it don't look like it's going to be this year.

Ashurstman

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2661 on: December 19, 2013, 13:39 »
Checked greenhouse after yesterdays winds. Nothing lost.
Still the garlic is showing but the remaining leeks and sprouts are still a bit small!!

Ashurstman

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2662 on: December 21, 2013, 17:22 »
Quiet here just like the allotments.
Still got the parsnips for Christmas but one had a hole from one side to the other courtesy presumably of the mole!!

3 allotments

• now is the time
« Reply #2663 on: December 21, 2013, 18:55 »
Yesterday did a bit more slab laying before the rain came on and today collecting a truck load of manure for fellow plot holders as an Christmas thank you. They commiserate when things go wrong and congratulate you when things go well. They often look quizzically at my 'erotic' vegetables (I think he meant 'exotic') and make a well earned cup of coffee just when it is needed.
If I've got time, I've got strawberry runners to put in that I got on special offer from 'lead the good life'.
i got the rest of mine in  from lead the good life today too, supposed to be 12 per pack i got 8 different varieties some of the packs had 25,some 18,some 15, what a deal for £2.15 per pack. darren

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #2664 on: December 21, 2013, 21:19 »
First time to the plot for a week. Still wet, still cold.  Pulled leeks and cut kale and took photos of the apple tree.
Anne

Yana

« Reply #2665 on: December 22, 2013, 08:20 »
i got the rest of mine in  from lead the good life today too, supposed to be 12 per pack i got 8 different varieties some of the packs had 25,some 18,some 15, what a deal for £2.15 per pack. darren
I ordered the single ones so only got a few extra so should have gone for the 12 packs!
Anyways, got them all in and then had to replant a few as the foxes love to dig stuff out that has been planted on freshly dug ground.
Put in the All Gold raspberry canes so, hopefully, will have a reasonable crop of fruit next year.
Need to get bags of gravel to finish off a few areas and then that it is it for a few days.

Mattgregory27

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2666 on: December 23, 2013, 13:58 »
I managed to get my raspberry supports in and my raspberry canes planted and put in my 6 bare root fruit trees. I feel like I have achieved today  :)

Ashurstman

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2667 on: December 24, 2013, 13:37 »
Plot very wet  but the greenhouse is intact (so far)!
So Merry Christmas to everyone and enjoy that Christmas dinner - complete with home grown produce!

bravemurphy

« Reply #2668 on: December 24, 2013, 14:17 »
found a break in the weather so hot footed it to the plot.

Parsnips, kale, sprouts and swede all for the big day tomorrow and spuds in the shed down the house.

Such a great feeling picking the fruits of your labour and knowing its chemical free  :)

Next year hopefully the Turkey will be coming from there too.

blackberryjam

« Reply #2669 on: December 24, 2013, 15:51 »
Just checked that my greenhouse was okay and cut a cabbage for tomorrow's dinner the last one I'll save for new years day oh dug up some turnips,
Brussels have blown so ill just be using the tops this year, next year ill sow them in a more sheltered area out of the wind.
Merry-Christmas-Animation-Gif.gif

xx
Tips for 2013 and my new plot

Started by Ema on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post December 28, 2012, 15:43
by JayG
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
I have been to see my new plot for the first time today

Started by debih on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post August 18, 2008, 20:57
by Nogger

Page created in 0.334 seconds with 39 queries.