Hen Specs

• 1 Replies

trinacooke

• www.freewebs.com/trinacooke
Hen Specs
« on: February 24, 2009, 22:16 »
Hi all,

Although the Purple spray is helping a great deal I am finding that my 2 black rocks are still pecking at the other two chickens bums! and it is getting a pain having to do a touch up job with the spray everyday! it is stressing the chickens out having to keep spraying them!

So does anybody know where I can get a couple of pairs of chicken specks to try out? just while theses two recover a bit as i dont want to go seperating chickens if I can help it!

If I can get some and fit them successfully  ::) do they stay on  24-7 or just during the day and would they affect the chicken that is wearing them in any way? ie laying, feeding etc???? if they cant see to peck feathers can they see to eat properly???

Thanks a bunch Trina  :)
Breeder, Judge & Exhibitor of Quality Netherland Dwarf, Hulstlander & Himalayan Rabbits

4x chickens 30x rabbits, 2x dogs, 15x ferrets oh and 2 children and a hubby!!!!!

poultrygeist

Re: Hen Specs
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 09:08 »
Hi trina. I did have 6 pairs but not sure what I've done with them. I do have reservations about the effect they may have on the nostrils. There are 2 plastic 'spikes' that go into the nostrils and appear to be very uncomfortable but are better than the older metal skewer type.
They apparently feed and go about their business ok. Once fitted, they stay on but i suppose you could remove them if you're happy you've broken the habit.

Bodger sent me some but he's not around now. I think if you google them, they are available in larger numbers but be careful which design you are looking at.

Rob

xx
hen specs

Started by chickenlady on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post January 12, 2009, 19:42
by Molly Hen
exclamation
ANTI PECK SPECS

Started by teaseldog on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post February 21, 2012, 17:27
by nerdle

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 37 queries.