Cucumber Leaves gone white!? Help!!

• 4 Replies

new_plot

Cucumber Leaves gone white!? Help!!
« on: July 06, 2010, 19:10 »
Hi all,

First and foremost thanks for reading this post.
I'm wondering if anyone could shed some light as to a little problem i've seemed to encounter on my allotment plot. I've tried searching for the answer via the usual search methods but still coming up short with any real conclusion.

So i've grown a batch of cucumbers in my green house, allowed them time to harden off, in this lovely weather and transplanted each one as normal. Now i've return to them literally everyday and watered them well, but after a vist today, I've found that the leaves on a majority of the plants have turned white!?. I thought it could be a fungal infection so took a closer look and even tried to wipe it off. but nothing! The strange thing is that they were doing ever so well, look mighty health and even the ones I gave away to other members of the allotment seem to be experiencing the same problem.

I'm just wondering if anyone has come across anything like this before? Or could this be chilling injury? Even thought the weather has been perfectly fine.

Any help would be much appreciated  :).
To Seed Or Not To Seed. That is an easy question.

DavidT

Re: Cucumber Leaves gone white!? Help!!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 19:32 »
Good evening and welcome to the site. I think it`s the drop in temperature they`re suffering from. What type/variety are you growing?

new_plot

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 19:44 »
Hi David, Thank you for the speedy reply.

I know the temp did dip a little, but honestly saying I didn't think they would be effected that badly!? Everything else seemed to hold up rather well in comparison, even the young beans i had planted.

As for the type and variety, I'm going to have to confess and say that I was given the seeds as a part of a variety pack that was picked up from B&Q 'grow your own' selection.

Does that help? Or would a picture be better, as i'm heading down there tomorrow.

Also one of plants has completely died and withered over. Such a shame.

DavidT

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 19:51 »
I think, that what you have are greenhouse plants which shouldn`t be outdoors. :D

new_plot

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 19:56 »
Ahh I see! I live and learn everyday, that's what I love about the non-linear system of nature.

Thank for the heads up David!  :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 20:24 by new_plot »

xx
Long White Cucumber

Started by Mosslane on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post July 06, 2010, 20:52
by mumofstig
xx
Cucumber : Minature White

Started by Lardman on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 05, 2010, 11:56
by Lardman
xx
White marks on cucumber.

Started by joyce c on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 22, 2009, 20:30
by Jay Dubya
xx
floppy cucumber leaves.

Started by richie on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 12, 2011, 10:04
by richie

Page created in 0.349 seconds with 33 queries.