New saucepans

• 10 Replies

Lardman

New saucepans
« on: April 14, 2022, 14:07 »
My current set (tefal) bought 15 years ago need replacing as the nonstick is now coming off at an alarming rate.  They have been fine for my needs and the handles are all still solid which is more than I can say for previous ones I'd purchased. Currently cooking on a gas but I'm looking to move away from it for safety reasons  (I may have left it on once or twice recently  :ohmy: ) and onto induction. I'm in no hurry and would rather buy once and cry once but all the reviews are the same ranging from 5 to 1 star for the same product. Does anyone have any recommendations for basic, no fuss, nonstick utility set.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: New saucepans
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 21:15 »
I have an absolutely indestructible saucepan from Circulon, hard anodised.  Not cheap but you may be able to get discounts through e.g. ProCook. Not sure if it's induction-friendly (I haven't done any research into what is/not suitable for induction).

It comes up really clean in the dishwasher, but with hindsight I might suggest not putting it through the machine.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 10:27 »
Scoville are non stick & induction friendly, 2 frying pans I’ve got are ok. When we had our induction hob we got free pans, but they’re not non stick, Fagor. They came with a non stick frying pan but our daughter saw that off by using on too high a heat.
I’ve now bought a small non stick milk pan from Sainsbury’s, must be their own make as it’s got no make on it. I’d have a look at Lakeland too as they have great returns policy
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

grinling

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 22:11 »
I was given free saucepans with the induction hob, but have a Scoville non stick frying pan as well as some Ikea 365+ pans with glass lids. Scoville does pan sets in the supermarkets.

DanielCoffey

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 19:26 »
If you end up going for cast iron, don't immediately put it on full power on an induction hob... allow it a short time on medium first to reduce thermal shock before going to high heat.

Most websites of brands like Circulon, LeCreuset and similar will state whether a particular product range is induction (or dishwasher) approved. Just make sure you are checking the correct range as they have many similar products with different bases.

grinling

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2022, 21:35 »
Argos does 3 scoville saucepans £43

Tonnyy

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2022, 03:03 »
I was given free saucepans with the induction hob, but have a Scoville non stick frying pan as well as some Ikea 365+ pans with glass lids. Scoville does pan sets in the supermarkets.

Scoville is a good choice  ;)

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2022, 10:45 »
I wouldn't touch Circulon pans as we got an expensive set that were supposedly dishwasher safe and the black non-stick came off after a few months, then two of them developed a hole on the bottom. We complained and mentioned their lifetime guarantee but were basically told it didn't mean a thing. We finally got some stainless steel ones with see-through lids that are induction-hob friendly )a magnet sticks to the bottom) and they're far better and were cheaper as well.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2022, 11:14 »
I have two Circulon frying pans, the first has grooves so fine and narrow that food debris gets stuck in there.  The second has grooves a little wider apart and is so much easier to clean.  I use the first for dry frying mince etc out in the back yard.

I also have a Tower stew pan and it's marvelous.  ;)

Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2022, 14:06 »
I've had a coated circulon saucepan for years. The bottom coating (outside) has come off in the dishwasher, but the insides are going OK for now, luckily.

Lardman

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2022, 17:53 »
I'm still procrastinating on this  ::) I've retired the pans where the nonstick was actually peel off as I didn't fancy black bits in my cheese sauces. I found the cheap viners stainless set I'd bought just for the large pan so I'm making do at the moment, but I expect the handles to fall off every time I use them .

xx
Saucepans

Started by RJR_38 on Kitchen Natter

40 Replies
Last post September 11, 2017, 18:47
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 37 queries.