Sheds

• 8 Replies

Allotment Jon

Sheds
« on: June 10, 2008, 08:58 »
I am currently in my first  allotment year and the time has come for a shed. Does anyone have any experience of the cheap B&Q, Wickes or Homebase sheds. Someone has offered to get me one for a forthcoming birthday and I did not want to ask for anything over the top or they may never ask again.

Jon :shock:

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
Sheds
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 10:19 »
I got my allotment this year and we erected a B&Q shed 6x4 I think at the time it was £120 ish price.( special offer!!) Its up and its doing the job nicely. However I wouldn't claim that its the best! It doing a great job as equipment storage and a place to shelter from the rain.

Jazzbyrd
Do androids dream of electric sheep?

Moomin Mama

Sheds
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 11:36 »
My B&Q shed is coming tomorrow, and it was £129, but if you get a senior citizen (one you know might help !) to come with you and buy it for you on a Wednesday you get 10% discount  :wink:

Allotment Jon

Sheds
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 13:17 »
Looks like my dad is now going to B&Q at the weekend. I also saw one in Wickes for £125.00 however it is only for storage and shelter as pointed out so will go for the cheaper option.

sawnee

• Experienced Member
Re: Sheds
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 15:06 »
Quote from: "Allotment Jon"
Looks like my dad is now going to B&Q at the weekend. I also saw one in Wickes for £125.00 however it is only for storage and shelter as pointed out so will go for the cheaper option.

I think the OAP thing is only on a wednesday,  the sheds are not the best but great for what you need, a bit of "strengthening" can always be done afterwards if needed :wink:
"You must cut down the mightiest Oak of the forest,with a ......... Herring!"
(Holy Grail)

noshed

Sheds
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 21:38 »
I got a £99 B&Q job which I strengthened with some pallet wood and I put some shelves up inside which braces it. It's in its 3rd year so I can't complain.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

owein

• Experienced Member
Sheds
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 21:53 »
I've just moved my late Dad's £99 B&Q shed on the roofrack of my car. He had probably had it at least 6 years. I was a heck of a job to get down as he seemed to have joined the whole thing together with silacone as well as the nails provided!

It is now reasembled in my veg plot, and not leaking a drop.

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
Sheds
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 21:58 »
When it comes to sheds, I'd say go for the biggest you can afford and accommodate.

Would it be OK if you offered to chip in for a bigger one than 6x4?  Mine is 10x8 and I still want more space  :roll:

Oh,  and when it's up we all want piccies! (house rules!)

new_2_veg

Sheds
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 22:01 »
i got my shed today

8x6 second hand for 100.00

needs a odd bit of sorting but nothing much, it was a shiplap one too so much stronger

nathan
2 allotments, long standing back problem, am i mad?

xx
Sheds

Started by greenhead on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post November 13, 2009, 19:07
by Remy
xx
Sheds Verboten!

Started by Puff on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post January 04, 2007, 11:02
by supersprout

Page created in 0.35 seconds with 36 queries.