Small steps

• 2 Replies

Ygerna

Small steps
« on: June 10, 2008, 22:15 »
I have applied for an allotment. Woo hoo. The commitee are hoping to put in some new plots in the Autumn. I am not sure whether to go for a full size plot straight away, or to take up a half plot. I think a half plot would be hard work, but, would I soon 'out grow it'? Whereas a full size plot may be so daunting as to put me off. What do you think?

In the meantime, I have in my front garden at home a lovely selection of herbs (a great way to get the 'bug' as they thrive so well) and out the back, I have some potatoes, dwarf beans and some tomatoes. I did plant some carrots into pots but sadly these do not seem to have come to anything.

I have a couple of grow bags spare, so, any ideas on what I can plant at this time of year to see them used? It would have to be simple to grow as I am overdue giving birth by 4 days :?

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Small steps
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 22:32 »
you could grow lots of salady stuff in a grow bag, or still time to put some runner beans in.  runners are my Favourite vegetable!!!!

But if you pick something like cabbages, you'd only get a few in a grow bag, so go for stuff that you can plant close together.

Glen

• Experienced Member
Small steps
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 22:33 »
Blimey you go carefull there mate! I am looking in to squashes and kale at the minute, maybe these would be suitable?

xx
Next Steps

Started by ember on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post July 19, 2010, 10:16
by ember
xx
Taking the first steps

Started by tarvae on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 10, 2013, 09:49
by pdblake
xx
My first steps, advice please.

Started by spade or shovel? on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post September 14, 2010, 15:51
by Yorkie
xx
Small tomatoes, small success?

Started by The Norfolk Turkey on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post August 04, 2009, 10:17
by Mike.white

Page created in 0.305 seconds with 38 queries.