The little dog Timon we have here until better

• 62 Replies

Oliveview

The little dog Timon we have here until better
« on: August 20, 2012, 22:25 »
Timon was attacked by 2 big dogs ( boxer and a big strong cross breed)  it took 2 of us ladies at the refuge with brooms hitting the dogs and I managed to get Timon away. We actually broke the brooms hitting the dogs so hard, but they would not give up attacking.   It was truly terrible.
 Timon is a pint sized dog, I can´t say I really ´noticed´ him at the refugio, he was a ´in the background´ type of dog, kept himself to himself.  Why the other dogs attacked we do not know, they just pounced and dragged him away. 
He has come along really well. he is such a character, he is lovely, I so wish we could keep him, but we bought home a Labrador dog from the refugio the week before, so no way do we have room even for a pint sized dog.  He is brilliant, house trained and quiet.  I will be sad to have to take him back.   He is back to the vet tomorrow, hopefully the wound on his leg can be stitched then, at the moment it is open wide (it was infected, it looks ok now)
You would think after being attacked he wouldbe scared of dogs, especially big dogs, but he isn´t , he tries to play with Charlie the Labrador, but Charlie is so big (and clumsy) he steps on Timon!    I dread saying goodbye to him, I hope he can get a forever home soon!

You can see the gaping wound on his back leg, he had puncture wounds all round the back of his neck.  He was so shaken after the attack, he was sick 4 times, I bought him straight home with us, he needed to looked after. 

Pamela

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: The little dog Timon we have here until better
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 22:29 »
Awww what a sweet little dog!

I can't believe the people at the refugio would rather let this happen than have those other 2 dogs put down.  They will never find homes for them when they do things like this!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 22:33 »
Oh... poor little mite  :(

You're doing a fabulous job for him !

Oliveview

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 22:50 »
You would think all he has been through he would be nervous, but he isn´t, he is just fabulous.  Except, when he tries to scrounge food at tea time, he is a naughty boy then!!

Off to cream his wounds then off to bed.  Don´t know why the vet said to put antibiotic cream on his wounds- I might as well cut out the middle man and just shove it down his throat, save him the bother licking it off straight away!!  He can´t have a ´bucket´ on his head due to the wounds on his neck  :(

Pamela

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 23:18 »
 :(  Sorry the little fella had to go through this.  Bet he is glad to be in a loving home even for a short stay.  Well done oliveview you are doing a great job.   :D
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Oliveview

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 07:35 »
Timon was a guard dog last night, he sleeps inside, the other dogs outside, he normally does not bark, but last night something got him going- he barked and barked, it wasn´t a ´speak to me´ type of bark, it was a ´I am a guard dog´ bark-  well more a yap really  :lol:

Pamela

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 07:50 »
A fine looking fellow and more than a little Terrier in there. I can understand why you would keep him if you possibly had space.
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

Oliveview

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 11:15 »
Timon is not a happy doggy, he has a bucket on his head  :(  he keeps licking the wound, as soon as I put the antibiotic cream on he licks it off.  I tried dabbing tea tree cream around the area, he licked that off too  :lol:  So we are back to the vet next week with him,  how will we part with him in another week or more  :(
The good news is the lady at the vet said to take some of the keyrings I am making there and they will put them on the counter to sell  :lol:

Pamela

Trillium

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 15:18 »
Timon is certainly a cute little fellow and like everyone else I hope someone worthy takes him home. And good news on those key rings.

Oliveview

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 09:27 »
He is a dear thing, Jim was in the bathroom and Timón sat and waited outside the door for Jim-  Jim is his favourite here, he sits cuddled up to Jim on the sofa. It is going to be so hard to say goodbye to Timón  :(

Pamela

maxyboo

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 10:22 »
He is a little darling. I'm a cat person really but if I fostered him I would be heartbroken to give him back. I do foster cats (usually feral kittens) and try not to keep them too long or I  end up in tears when it's time for them to go. If you can get past that though it is very rewarding when they are found loving homes.

Oliveview

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 11:29 »
I think Timón has made himself at home here:

Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 11:31 »
Apart from the odd yelp from when Charlie catches Timóns leg when they play or he bundles past the dogs and catches the bad leg you would not know there was anything wrong with him the way he runs about. 

Pamela

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 13:08 »
He looks to be healing really well.   :D

Oliveview

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 13:36 »
Jim went into town and when he came back Timón sat on the sofa shaking with excitement waiting for her friend to come in the door  :D  Apart from the one bad wound all the others are scabbing over, he is looking so much better.  I was looking at the facebook page about the refuge and it says Timón had been hit by a car and that was how he arrived at the refuge.

Pamela  

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 34 queries.