I'll see your 4 cats on the bed!

cats-on-bed.jpg
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Mazzie

• Experienced Member
Re: Dogs on beds
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2011, 02:23 »
All my five (was six until recently) have the option to sleep on the bed with us.  I have to admit it does get painful at times with claws in backs, fluffy trousers in faces etc but generally i love it.  The wimpy lurcher and the terrier sleep UNDER the duvet to!

It does take a bit to keep the covers washed etc but theres nothing like waking up to a face wash  :mad:

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2011, 11:55 »
Ouch - this is the reason we no longer allow the dogs on the bed:-

whenever Ollie gets frightened she tries to leap on me and get as close as possible so I can protect her and this was part of the result of her being frightened two days ago (she is a huge Neapolitan Mastiff who simply doesn't fit on my knees anymore  ::))

PICT2533 4.jpg
Staffies are softer than you think.

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2011, 17:45 »
Owwwwwwww. Our lab does the same with me. We always know when she is worried when she lands on me from nowhere (once on my dinner!) But she only weighs 29 kilos.

joyfull

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2011, 18:16 »
it's nice to know they trust us to keep them safe but I do wish she didn't have to use her claws so much  :)

Nicki85

• Experienced Member
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 13:53 »
We have always had our dogs upstairs with us at night... However, the next dog I get will always sleep downstairs.  It's heart breaking watching them trying to get up the stairs when they can no longer manage it  :(  Our Springer at the age of 15 struggles with the stairs now, we are going to get a stair gate to stop her coming up.  She will be sad about it for a while but it's better than her keep falling down the stairs!!

I do have a cat that sleeps with me though! 

Mosslane

• andjakemakes3
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2012, 15:14 »
Hi Tosca, I am afraid ours are spoilt and even have their own quilt on the bed, but having met them you know they are only little. Still it s amazing how much room 2 Papillons can take up :tongue2:
The reward of a thing well done is to have done it....

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2012, 18:43 »
Hi Tosca, I am afraid ours are spoilt and even have their own quilt on the bed, but having met them you know they are only little. Still it s amazing how much room 2 Papillons can take up :tongue2:

And having met mine you know there would not be much room left for us two! :lol:

Bella is a real trier though, she can get on the bed without you realising it, her downfall is she likes to press against you, which is why I end up on the edge....They have a huge new fluffy bed to share now, which they love. :)
We have always had our dogs upstairs with us at night... However, the next dog I get will always sleep downstairs. It's heart breaking watching them trying to get up the stairs when they can no longer manage it :(  Our Springer at the age of 15 struggles with the stairs now, we are going to get a stair gate to stop her coming up.  She will be sad about it for a while but it's better than her keep falling down the stairs!!

I do have a cat that sleeps with me though! 

This worries me too, but the reason Bonnie lab started to sleep upstairs was because of the fireworks which go on forever in October and November. Couldn't stand the hurt look when we tried to send her downstairs. There is never a peep out of them all night, even when you go to the loo,,,,as long as you don't flush, because that means breakfast!

Lulu

• Winner Best Sunflower - 2012
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2012, 21:22 »
My old boy's place was always the top of the stairs but although he can make it up the stairs he often falls down them now, but he has a quilt to sleep on at the bottom of the stairs now and ever since that was introduced he often can be found there.  I can fully emphasize with the stair gate Nicki85.

Still can't believe you lot have all these animals on your beds at night !!  I take it partners are agreeable to this :D.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 21:23 by Lulu »
Wash your hands, stay at home, distance yourself

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2012, 23:47 »

Still can't believe you lot have all these animals on your beds at night !!  I take it partners are agreeable to this :D.

Nah, she banished me and the moggies years ago with false accusations of snoring! The cats never complain so that's obvious nonsense.

joyfull

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2012, 11:11 »
 :lol: :lol:

madcat

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2012, 11:35 »
Loudest snorer we ever had in the house (with the exception of my mother) was a white fluff ball of a very proper lady cat.  She always turned her head upside down to sleep in her preferred place of a shelf in the open fronted wardrobe ....  lovely magnifying acoustics!  :D
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2012, 12:32 »
This one snores loud enough for me to shout at OH for snoring before....
WPM$22B7.jpg

madcat

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2012, 09:59 »
Tummy rub time!  So soft and inviting .......

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2012, 12:16 »
Not if you want hands left after. Oh yes she looks so cute and inviting..... It is a trap!!!  ;) :lol:

xx
Dogs on Plots

Started by dazem11 on Pets without Feathers

7 Replies
Last post August 03, 2010, 22:54
by Starling
xx
Epilepsy in Dogs

Started by lancashiregardeninggal on Pets without Feathers

4 Replies
Last post July 24, 2011, 08:24
by lancashiregardeninggal
xx
Dogs, does anyone really understand them?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post August 02, 2022, 23:30
by John
xx
Fostering dogs

Started by twissle on Pets without Feathers

18 Replies
Last post October 03, 2010, 16:08
by twissle

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 35 queries.