Finally got a greenhouse!

• 4 Replies

NellyCB

Finally got a greenhouse!
« on: August 31, 2011, 23:50 »
I've finally got a greenhouse...!  :D

Well, not yet I haven't, but I will be collecting one soon.  How long do they take to dismantle and then re-erect?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 23:51 by NellyCB »

teasmade!

• 3rd Pumpkin Contest 2011
Re: Finally got a greenhouse!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 22:29 »
you lucky thing  :D i am desperate for a greenhouse but they are so expensive even secondhand then as you say dismantle and reassemble but i have a plan

sounds a bit stupid but have done this kind of thing before but didn't have a plan so have learn't

stickers and a bit like assembling the Christmas tree lable alphabetically from a - z each part (maybe add some other stuff on sticker) and the assemble z - a (working backwards) and don't forget clips and screws etc not sure if this would help but its got to be better than looking at the pile of stuff and thinking what bit do i start with??????

hope this helps if it doesn't at least i'll know  :D
dig dig dig dig digging, rid me of those little weeds....

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 22:33 »
Don't forget to take photos or draw a plan as well as the above.  With the right tools and fair weather a few hours to dismantle and slightly longer to put back together with two people.
Cheese makes everything better.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 22:34 »
I used a felt tip perminent marker and lables which bit joins to what.  It worked very well.

ex-cavator

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 00:27 »
I guess it depends on the greenhouse, but not that difficult as most of the frame sections are identical to one another, so it doesn't matter if they get swapped around. And 95% of the nuts & bolts are the same as well.

If you've got a decent sized van or roof rack, you won't need to dismantle it completely. When I collected my (Halls) 8' x 6ft, I just removed the door and roof vent intact, and all the glass, the ridge bar & roof struts, and that left the four sides. Remove the corner bolts (about 4 or 5 in each corner) & then you can transport the front, back, & side sections complete. You will, of course, also have to detach it from the base if it's joined on, but mine wasn't.

It took less than an hour to dismantle and load it up, somewhat longer to put it all back together but only because I thoroughly cleaned every piece as I went including the frame sections and the glass. You'll need to buy a bag of new nuts & bolts as some will shear off when you undo them, you may wish to replace some of the 'W' clips as well and you'll probably lose some (if you're not careful they'll spring out of your hand as you undo them - so watch your eyes), and you may also have to replace the rubber sealing strips as the old ones may have gone hard & brittle.

Good luck with it, look forward to the piccies. And, well done, btw  ;)

xx
I finally have a workbench for the veg plot

Started by EddieJ on Design and Construction

28 Replies
Last post December 30, 2010, 21:43
by Aunt Sally
xx
Greenhouse

Started by mosser on Design and Construction

5 Replies
Last post January 09, 2012, 12:52
by savbo
xx
Greenhouse up

Started by AdsaM on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post November 19, 2008, 16:41
by poultrygeist
xx
First greenhouse

Started by timn on Design and Construction

4 Replies
Last post April 21, 2012, 19:44
by timn

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 35 queries.