Springer Spaniels

• 64 Replies

rainie

Springer Spaniels
« on: January 23, 2011, 19:44 »
Am I allowed to ask on here...?

I am looking for a rehome/rescue springer spaniel. I found my previous 3 or rather they found me, by word of mouth. Does any of you know of one needing a nice home? I only have one at the moment.
Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Springer Spaniels
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 19:48 »
As long as it's FREE TO A GOOD HOME that's fine :)

rainie

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 20:43 »
Great, it will be and it is. :D  It will also have a criterea to fit for me, and me it. (like not weeing up the leeks or digging up the spuds, as if i would  :lol:)  Thank you.

twissle

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 10:38 »
Hi there i foster springer's how far are you prepared to travel? :)

compostqueen

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 10:44 »
My brother rehomed one from the breed rescue place as the owner's divorced.  It was so intelligent and well behaved but immediately tore its thigh open when it was crashing through brambles and it took six months to get it right.  Huge vets bills almost from day one. You take the rough with the smooth when you get dogs. Peeing on leeks would be the least of your troubles

My rescue dog was a nightmare. He peed on everything  :D  Still, for better or worse, sickness and in health  :nowink:

It's a tremendous commitment and you  have to be sure you're doing the right thing.

Thrift

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 11:11 »
Re. the peeing ..... I would always get a bitch, much more civilised! ( Sorry chaps  :D )

Bear in mind that springers are gun dogs and do flush out the game. Not always effective through your garden.  ???

rainie

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 21:00 »
Hi Twissle, if the critera was right for both the springer and me, I would seriously consider the mileage.
I have asked around my area at the moment as there are a few contacts, and have also looked online at reputable springer rescue/rehome sites. I will register with these too.
The springer I have at the moment is happy with just our company but as he has spent most of his 5yrs in company of his mother (till she died a few months ago), and would love him to have a buddy to loon around with again.
Do you have a website or email where I could chat to you please?

Compostqueen, the 1st rehome springer that came to live with me years ago launched herself through a parked vehicle drivers half opened window, she was bruised and had a small cut, and thankfully made a full recovery. She soon settled in to her new home with me, and we were there for each other helping each other through our traumas.  She was a very special springer.

Thrift, the next rehome springer i had came with her son (who i still have), and she used to flush out hedgehogs and carry them into her bed so I fenced off the bottom part of the garden with the chickens and veg and building a hedgie house. Works a treat. Also we now have raised beds, and the dog(s) can be with us in the veg part when we are there without wee'd leeks. :)

compostqueen

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 23:42 »
My brother's dog lived to a ripe old age and he was so intelligent and well behaved.  He had a mop of curly hair on the top of his head  :)  He never regretted rescuing him.  I think he was from Hull area rescue place (for Springers)

rainie

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 20:43 »
 :D :D :D Cant stop grinning  :D :D :D

Just had a call from a spaniel rehome lady, she has one coming in to her in the morning, will be assessed, and she is phoning me Thur night. She rehomed my last two with me.  :D :D :D

Foghorn-Leghorn

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 20:54 »
Yey!  Fingers and toes crossed it's a positive phone call on Thursday for you  :)
"The chicken came first—God would look silly sitting on an egg."

— Author Unknown

Thrift

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 07:15 »
Great news rainie  :D Your boy will be so pleased tohave a pal ..... sounds as though you have the perfect setup. Lucky re-homed dog  :D

twissle

• Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 18:41 »
Hi Twissle, if the critera was right for both the springer and me, I would seriously consider the mileage.
I have asked around my area at the moment as there are a few contacts, and have also looked online at reputable springer rescue/rehome sites. I will register with these too.
The springer I have at the moment is happy with just our company but as he has spent most of his 5yrs in company of his mother (till she died a few months ago), and would love him to have a buddy to loon around with again.
Do you have a website or email where I could chat to you please?

Compostqueen, the 1st rehome springer that came to live with me years ago launched herself through a parked vehicle drivers half opened window, she was bruised and had a small cut, and thankfully made a full recovery. She soon settled in to her new home with me, and we were there for each other helping each other through our traumas.  She was a very special springer.

Thrift, the next rehome springer i had came with her son (who i still have), and she used to flush out hedgehogs and carry them into her bed so I fenced off the bottom part of the garden with the chickens and veg and building a hedgie house. Works a treat. Also we now have raised beds, and the dog(s) can be with us in the veg part when we are there without wee'd leeks. :)

So sorry i've only just seen this reply. I'm stuck in bed at the moment with siatica :(. Sound's like your on your way to getting your new dog, If you need any advice or it doesn't workout please feel free to message me i'd be more than happy to give you my email. Good luck please let us know how it all goes.

rainie

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 19:03 »
Gosh Twizzle, in bed with sciatica. Wish you were nearer, i could help you. Have you ever tried any neuro or holistic treatments for it?

Will keep you all posted with new dog when it finds us.

Take care

twissle

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 19:29 »
Gosh Twizzle, in bed with sciatica. Wish you were nearer, i could help you. Have you ever tried any neuro or holistic treatments for it?

Will keep you all posted with new dog when it finds us.

Take care
Lol can't remember the last time i stayed in bed all day ::). Hehe with a springer, cocker a lab and a yr old foster springer the help would have been great :D. Lucky hubby give's them a run in the evening's and my daulter play's in the garden with them before school, So not too bad.

No i havn't tried any neuro or holistic treatment's yet, I had it before about 5yr's ago and had to have two disc's taken out. I'm not a tablet person normaly but have had to give in i'm on almost 20 aday :ohmy:. No really doing much for the pain just taking the edge off really.

rainie

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 14:07 »
I'm meeting Harry in the morning.

xx
Update on Rusty (rescue Springer)

Started by Nicki85 on Pets without Feathers

12 Replies
Last post April 28, 2012, 10:38
by Thrift

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 32 queries.