pea green pooh

• 20 Replies

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
pea green pooh
« on: November 08, 2009, 17:22 »
OK, so I have looked in the poo pictures but none match this. It wasn't from Little Red nor any of the new girls, nor the tree dweller nor the lorry girl but came from one of the older girls or Danny boy as it was inside the big shed. None of them look ill and all are eating and drinking. At the moment there is no poison around and the only berries still on the trees are on my hornbeam's. Some of them are eating the fallen apples but would have thought if this was the reason then several poos would have been done. It is the colour of pea soup and looks like plasticine (which is what OH thought it was when I took it to show him).

Any ideas?
green poo (4).JPG
Staffies are softer than you think.

pink-chicken

• Experienced Member
Re: pea green pooh
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 17:27 »
Sorry I can't advise joyfull except to say that we haven't had one that colour... yet. Probably every other shade except pea green. ::)

Jan.x

Fredjones

• Once a blue Always a blue in Runcorn, Cheshire
    • Fred`s web pages
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 17:29 »
I have`nt seen that before, has your chook been eating green caterpillars, i have one chook that when she poos instead of white being on the top like all the rest its pink i will try and put photo up tomorrow----------Fred
2 x Warrens, 5 x ex batts, 3 x Daughters, 5 x grandsons, 1 x granddaughter, 1 x wife, this is enough for 1 x man

joyfull

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 17:41 »
no idea about the caterpillars Fred as my girls and boys free range. I haven't seen many caterpillars around recently so don't think thats the case. All my hens and one cockerel that sleep in that shed all appear to be healthy and it was only this one big poo. I have tried to look at all of their bottom areas to see if any had this colour attached to their feathers but they are all clean and tidy so have no idea who it was that dropped it.

poultrygeist

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 17:58 »
Could it have been from anything other than one of your hens Joy ?

Rob

joyfull

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 18:05 »
It was done in the shed overnight Rob so don't think so unless something snuck in before they went to bed or in the morning before I went in to clean up the poo and collect the days eggs. I remember Grannie Annie had green pooh from Enery when he was poorly but don't know if that was the same shade. Very strange. In my books I couldn't find any other animals poo matching it either - can you think of anything Rob?

compostqueen

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 18:26 »
had they been eating greens?  They make a really bright blue green poo after eating kale  :D

poultrygeist

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 18:30 »
If it was in the shed, it could only be mice or rats, but it looks a bit big for either ! :D

Have to go with CQ and others' suggestions of something they ate. Green is otherwise a pretty universal sign of infection or poison. But not that shade  :unsure:

Rob

Vember

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 18:30 »
Green poo is normally worms ??? Have they been wormed Joy ?

Sarah :)

joyfull

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 18:36 »
Hi Sarah, they were all wormed in August/September, I thought about worms but it is a very bright green and for some reason I thought worms gave a duller shade. When they were all wormed there was no sign of any in their resulting poos. Joy xx

Vember

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 18:47 »
I've had ( well not personally you understand  :blush:) that colour green tint to the top of urates before. Have you noticed any of them drinking more than normal ?

Just ideas/thoughts really ???

joyfull

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 18:51 »
No those in that shed have all been normal with their eating and drinking. It's just so strange as it was perfectly formed and very uniform in colour - yes I did squash some and broke somemore just to check (the things you do on a Sunday afternoon  :lol:). No abnormal smell etc.

Vember

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 18:57 »
yes I did squash some and broke somemore just to check (the things you do on a Sunday afternoon  :lol:). No abnormal smell etc.

I said out loud (as you do) that I could do with the poo pic being a bit bigger and my cousin who's visiting gave me a very funny look :lol:

No undigested food in it or anything else, not mucusy ???

joyfull

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 19:17 »
sorry not on photobucket so the only pics I can put up are this size - I could forward some pics to you if you want.
In answer to your question though no there is no undigested food or mucus it is just the same green and texture all the way through.
Bet your cousin thinks we are very wierd looking at poo  :lol:

Vember

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 19:24 »
She already knows I'm weird   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I think the best bet is to wait and see if there are any more tomorrow :)

See what Aunty say's she good with poo  :D

xx
Watery pooh?

Started by LivvyW on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post September 26, 2008, 12:24
by agapanthus
xx
blood in pooh

Started by p00rstudent on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post May 06, 2009, 11:07
by Vember
xx
Pooh ..just out of inerest.

Started by ali2 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post February 28, 2010, 11:42
by joyfull
xx
sloppy pooh

Started by helen houghton on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 29, 2008, 18:11
by helen houghton

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 34 queries.