veg boxes...

• 3 Replies

savbo

veg boxes...
« on: June 03, 2009, 18:28 »
does anyone think it's worthwhile getting a veg box if you've got a lottie? or will it just include more of whatever you're having a glut of? :)

M

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: veg boxes...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 18:43 »
Veg boxes usually have in them whatever is in season at the time, which is probably what you are growing.  But you could ask the people that sell them, and say you have loads of runner beans of your own, perhaps you could say to them, I don't want any runner beans in my veg box, could I have extra tomatoes, or whatever!!??

barney rubble

• We are Barney and Rubble and we love digging
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 19:08 »
My personal thoughts on veg boxes are.... that a middleman is still making money out of you. If the produce is genuinely produced by the person delivering to you, then support them. If its not, can they prove full traceability on everything in the box they are selling to you - even down to when it was picked.

Excuse my scepticism, but having already posted on Farmers Markets and Food Events and the lack of integrity on them, I would automatically question the ethical and financial viability in many cases

Beetroot queen

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 21:54 »
I could highly recommend riverford veg boxes they also do fruit boxes, like someone already said its all stuff in season so you may already be growing most of it yourself.

The boxes do come with a recipe each week which is great but the site lists them all as well so a handy one to have in your favs  :D

xx
Mix for boxes

Started by alan bell on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 26, 2009, 22:31
by alan bell
xx
Bug and Bee boxes

Started by janiejakemum on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post June 14, 2009, 20:15
by SAMANTHA MOLLY
xx
Carrots in boxes

Started by stetal on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post October 20, 2011, 18:56
by mashbintater
xx
Which spud for boxes?

Started by Kleftiwallah on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post November 09, 2017, 17:11
by Aidy

Page created in 0.344 seconds with 34 queries.