List of failures getting worrying

• 35 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: List of failures getting worrying
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2009, 16:32 »
And remember Pea Goddess!  That even if you sow more toms now and they don't do well, you can always let some side shoots grow off what you have got going and re-plant them!!!  So panic not!!! lol

The lemon drops I grew last year that Aggy gave me did well, but I was a bit late in planting them and they took a lot longer to get to maturity.  Do you want some seeds?  I think I've still got some, although too late for this season!!

I've got lots of lemon drop plants, but a bit difficult to get them to you alive!!!

oakfairy

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2009, 16:40 »
it was winston churchill who said 'success is the ability to go from one failure to the next with no loss of enthusiasm'.....
my veg patch was meant to be started last year, so i bought my seeds cheap in the autumn of 07. many have failed me this year   ::)
not too late to get more on the go
success is the ability to go from one failure to the next with no loss of enthusiasm (winston churchill)

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2009, 17:34 »
And remember Pea Goddess!  That even if you sow more toms now and they don't do well, you can always let some side shoots grow off what you have got going and re-plant them!!!  So panic not!!! lol

The lemon drops I grew last year that Aggy gave me did well, but I was a bit late in planting them and they took a lot longer to get to maturity.  Do you want some seeds?  I think I've still got some, although too late for this season!!

I've got lots of lemon drop plants, but a bit difficult to get them to you alive!!!
Yep sideshoots (hits head)! Why didnt I think of that for myself! Ive said it to others (d'oh)

Id love some Lemon drop seeds, you can send them to me with the Chrismas turkey  :D Thanks Grannie :D :D
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

yummy

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2009, 17:56 »
Outside raised bed under fleece
Carrots - Been 3 1/2 weeks and no sign.
Radish took 2 weeks - 100%
Little Gem - 4 weeks - 10%
Peas Feltham First - Took 3 weeks 50%

Indoors
Delphiniums - Only took a week but about 20% germination.
Tomatoes - Approx 50%

Paul Plots

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2009, 19:27 »
Quoting Oakfairy: "it was winston churchill who said 'success is the ability to go from one failure to the next with no loss of enthusiasm'....."

That's brilliant - thanks for posting.  :)

It really ought to become my motto, although I do have successes somedays, Winston's words would be useful to remember........   ::)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

iwantanallotment

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2009, 23:00 »

Is it really too late for lemon drop seeds now, GrannieAnnie?
I sowed my last 4 today, after a dismal no-show from the first 4  :(
(checked them before dumping, and the seeds were as lifeless as the day I sowed them 4 weeks ago in heated propagator)

xx
Worrying Weather

Started by fatbelly on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post July 06, 2008, 19:46
by FCG
question
Plant stress or something worrying?

Started by Lardman on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post June 28, 2015, 10:42
by Goosegirl
smiley
Failures.

Started by Lardman on Grow Your Own

23 Replies
Last post July 04, 2010, 21:16
by Will1983
xx
fed up with failures

Started by sachkrimbo on Grow Your Own

23 Replies
Last post September 09, 2010, 09:47
by potatogrower

Page created in 0.335 seconds with 34 queries.