Growing > Growing FAQs and other Information

Aminopyralid - Persistent Herbicide In Manure Causes Problems with Crops

<< < (11/11)

ge0ff:
And to BabyAnn - nice answers - you hit the nail on the head. Our onions are showing no sign of any problems. However, I reckon that it may well be possible for it to remain in the soil for longer than 3 years - possibly considerably longer.

mumofstig:

--- Quote ---However, I reckon that it may well be possible for it to remain in the soil for longer than 3 years - possibly considerably longer.

--- End quote ---

What makes you say that?.............I've not seen anything that suggests thats the case

Pompey Spud:

--- Quote from: mumofstig on July 01, 2011, 12:50 ---
--- Quote ---However, I reckon that it may well be possible for it to remain in the soil for longer than 3 years - possibly considerably longer.

--- End quote ---

What makes you say that?.............I've not seen anything that suggests thats the case

--- End quote ---

Exactly MoS.

Geoff you have my sympathy with your plight. However, you're confusing fact with assumptions again and potentially leaving this site open for legal action.

My own personal view is it's a shame you didn't carry out all this effort into gaining knowledge about working a plot from the start.

lazydog:
I think this needs be kept at the top and thanks to Geoff for bringing it up again,as someone else said this stinks big corporation but why for hells sake did the goverbent not ban it this will be a problem until the  license runs out,IRC 7 years time before it is due for renewel!
Also the same pile of manure can vary from top to bottom of the pile so one plot holder may be ok but the next will not be.
If someone like me needs tons of soil conditioner/fertilizer what are we supposed to do this is the food chain and nobody in the right place seems to really care except about money! :mad:   

Aunt Sally:
This is a very valuable discussion so has been turned into an information topic in our Information section.

If anyone has any new information to add to the topic please contact Admin. (John or me) or a moderator.

John's info here
http://www.allotment-garden.org/grow-your-own/garden-diary/2010-03/contaminated-manure-fertilisers

If you're getting some manure for your plot or strange growing problems, do read up on it.

edit to fix link after system upgrade

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version