Chatting > Chatting on the Plot

Freestyle Libre 2...

(1/1)

Growster...:
Does any chum here use one of these great machines for blood/glucose control?

They're a Godsend for never having to use lancets and testing strips, but we have just one problem, the machine works on Wi-Fi, but we often get a 'Signal Loss' warning, even though the iPhone is right next to the router and all the computers!

This laptop is in the same area and works perfectly, as do the iPads, but can I get one of the iPhones to connect...?

Can I b*****y...!

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated!

jezza:
Hello my mates just started on it he has to use the reader as his phones not compatible,he had never said it doesnt work ad his broad band is an old mobile phone used ad an hot spit ,your I phone should be able to read the info on the disc ,that's the recommended way the readers if your phones not compatible from what my mates consultant told us jezza

Kleftiwallah:
I was delighted to be invited to help in the trial of this marvelous contaption at the Wolfram[sic] centre of Bath Hospital.  I wore several pins/sensors for a year.  I cannot speak to highly for this product but one gripe, a couple of the sensor/sender units fell off my arm.

If you have the cash, then go for it.

Cheers,  Tony. :)

Growster...:

--- Quote from: jezza on August 19, 2023, 07:40 ---Hello my mates just started on it he has to use the reader as his phones not compatible,he had never said it doesnt work ad his broad band is an old mobile phone used ad an hot spit ,your I phone should be able to read the info on the disc ,that's the recommended way the readers if your phones not compatible from what my mates consultant told us jezza

--- End quote ---

You need to have an iPhone 8 or more recent, and I bought one which did the job occasionally. My phone is an 8+ and it did actually work most of the time!

Now we have a new sensor on the arm, and the older (8) phone works pretty well, while the 8+ doesn't always register!

I hear that there'll be a new type of sensor pad available soon, so that may solve the problem, but the reader they gave us never has worked anyway!

More news when we see the results - thanks Jezza and Klefters!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version