Chatting > Chatting on the Plot

Neil Oliver getting the facts across...

(1/2) > >>

Growster...:
I've always liked Neil Oliver, since first watching 'Coast', where he was always the most informative and knowledgeable presenter on the cast!

Here's one of his latest presentations, giving some hard facts and the reasons why the general public are often taken in...

https://youtu.be/lvvBp25eh0U

Goosegirl:
Mmmmm. Most interesting.  8)

New shoot:
I'd agree with him completely that there is a fundamental lack of what I would call proper journalism in the vast majority of news reporting.  It seems to be more a case of finding the facts to support your agenda and then hammering that point home.

I do believe, however, that there are a growing number of people just not watching or trusting the news because of this.  People in the UK can generally spot bull doo-doo at 10,000 paces, so throw enough around and you devalue anything you have to say.  I'm not sure that is a good thing, but if convincing the population is the aim, they are failing to a large degree.  It always amuses me when the mainstream news providers suddenly drop a story like a stone, or backtrack frantically, because they have waded into the slurry pit a bit too far  :lol:

Growster...:
Quite so, News!

My old flatmate, (before I met Mrs Growster - ahem), always said, when rubbish was broadcast by the MSM and the BBC, that 'b*******t baffles brains'!

Neil Oliver is  a superb commentator in our books, and also very believeable because he just doesn't do the BS bit...

Growster...:
Just a little more light reading for these long, dark evenings...

https://eike-klima-energie.eu/2023/08/20/ein-sagenhaft-erfolgreiches-geschaeftsmodell/?fbclid=IwAR3QXgDpqxxDFO1qgnGIEQ0G4zyA2YhKR9dxt6FcXBW7h8eqZKlCZzIxGTs

What I thought and wrote a few months ago? Naaaah, couldn't be - could it...?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version