bath in the garden

• 2 Replies

rowlandwells

bath in the garden
« on: April 11, 2020, 09:19 »
we are at present altering our home garden as i said in a previous  blog making raised beds and so on having fitted a new bathroom in our old house some time ago my wife wanted to keep the old steel bath so we put in storage for another day as you do

then the wife came up with the idea of turning the bath  into a bog garden i can't say i was that enthusiastic about the idea but when along with the idea

so yesterday all those plans of mice and men came into play so dug the hole sunk the bath in half way then made a rockery round the bath with some dry stone walling filling the joints with dirt so we could plat them up with rock plants and i have to say it looked quite effective

the wife suggested i have a bath in it what outside in the garden i said nd in the  nuddy what would the neighbour's say when i got out with all my altogether apart from the neighbours having a good laugh and being being arrested i would probably be in the newspaper as the  garden flasher

i do do draw the line at some things you know including this but joking aside  our bath turned into a bog garden  does look the business

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: bath in the garden
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 16:30 »
That is a brilliant story and has made me laugh. I can just see you two having that conversation  :lol:

I am sat outside in the garden, so my neighbours all think I am mad, laughing away to myself.  Just the ticket after a shift at work though, so thank you for that Rowland.

I am glad the bog garden worked out as well  :)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: bath in the garden
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 20:54 »
I saw the thread title and thought 'well, it's a cheap way of getting a hot tub'  :lol:

Well done on all your hard work  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
Bird Bath / Water Butt

Started by TerryB on Design and Construction

1 Replies
Last post May 12, 2011, 13:27
by arugula
xx
Getting movement into the garden

Started by compostqueen on Design and Construction

13 Replies
Last post May 06, 2008, 22:59
by compostqueen
xx
garden arbour

Started by galeey on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post May 17, 2016, 08:51
by sunshineband
xx
Gutter garden

Started by Rich72 on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post November 29, 2012, 21:49
by Kleftiwallah

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 41 queries.