Sausages

• 9 Replies

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Sausages
« on: June 15, 2015, 13:04 »
I was watching a re-run of River Cottage when he took his two pigs to slaughter and they did all sorts with them including sausages.
That got me thinking as years ago I used to make sausages and really enjoyed them but then the butcher I got me skins stopped selling them and I struggled so over time the sausage gun got relegated to the back off the cupboard!
Several years on and this tinterweb thing has made shopping so much easier so I googs sausage skins and wayhay loads of them so I bought some and they arrived.
So last Saturday night as the wifey and eldest were out, little legs and I set about making some sausages (first time for Livi)
We made a load of mexican chorizio and a load of pork n apple....

Left in the fridge over night then linked them and had the pork n apple for Sunday brecky, forgotten just how tasty they are  ;)
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Mrs Bee

Re: Sausages
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 14:21 »
Impressive!!!!

I have just bought Paul Peacocks sausage making book but so far have been too busy to make any, apart from a batch of chicken beyti and souvlakia.

Snoop

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 14:41 »
Wow! They look good. Are the sausage skins natural?

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 15:23 »
Wow! They look good. Are the sausage skins natural?
Nope, a friend recommended a brand of the collagen ones and I have to say they were very good, no bursts during filling or cooking and you really didn't know you were biting into it.
80ft for a fiver and with a average shelf life of 2 years

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 16:56 »
They look lovely Aidy.  I used to make all mine, but can't be bothered now.  Burgers and sausage patties are so much easier!   ;) ;)

chrissie B

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 19:15 »
Looking rather tasty there
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 19:24 »
Impressive!!!!

I have just bought Paul Peacocks sausage making book but so far have been too busy to make any, apart from a batch of chicken beyti and souvlakia.

Can you let me know if this would be suitable for our allergen list. If so I'll buy.

Mrs Bee

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 20:33 »
Impressive!!!!

Can you let me know if this would be suitable for our allergen list. If so I'll buy.

The majority of the recipes have rusk or breadcrumbs in them, so I don't think it would be of any use to you. X

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 10:58 »
In both these sausages no rusk or breadcrumb was used, just meat, herbs, onions, apple, garlic etc.

The casings are made by a company called Nitta Casings, there should be some info on there that may help you

Lardman

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 11:12 »
The majority of the recipes have rusk or breadcrumbs in them, so I don't think it would be of any use to you. X

There were a few doing the rounds which used par boiled rice as filler I think you'd be ok with BQ. Looking at those Im tempted to order some more skins myself  :tongue2:

xx
Sausages

Started by The Golden Heap on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

22 Replies
Last post January 18, 2014, 19:02
by Lardman
xx
Venison sausages...

Started by Growster... on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

23 Replies
Last post November 25, 2013, 20:24
by Growster...
xx
JANUARY SAUSAGES

Started by mrs bouquet on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post January 15, 2009, 08:23
by beestie-crawlies
xx
Cooking Sausages

Started by mrs bouquet on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

8 Replies
Last post January 22, 2020, 17:28
by rowlandwells

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 32 queries.