Well and truly beaten !

• 3 Replies

mrs bouquet

Well and truly beaten !
« on: November 02, 2019, 11:32 »
Very sad for England,  never thought they were going to win anyway, but watching South Africa celebrating now makes me happy for them.      1 game, 2 teams, there can only be one winner.   

Now can watch my Photinia tree, which is now at a 45 degree angle, completely lift out, and go through the greenhouse.      And there is nothing I can do but watch :ohmy: :ohmy:    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Re: Well and truly beaten !
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 12:04 »
Now can watch my Photinia tree, which is now at a 45 degree angle, completely lift out, and go through the greenhouse.      And there is nothing I can do but watch :ohmy: :ohmy:    Mrs Bouquet
Oh dear! That's painful.
Surprised at the result of the match - but both England and Wales did really well to go as far as they did.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

jezza

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 14:23 »
Hello regarding your Photinia tree it can be brought up right if you know some one with a TirFor  cable winch get some one to dig a trench 12 inch wide 15 inch deep opposite side to lean fix TirFor winch about 5 feet up tree if possible then fix other end to some thing substantial and work winch it should pull tree upright then a couple of stakes to hold it and back full the trench tramping well down I did a 12 foot high thorn tree last year that a skip wagon backed over  it's flowered best it's ever done this year  jezza 

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 17:51 »
thanks for that reply Jezza.  I shall ask around and make enquiries into that.   I shall also get the crown thinned out.   I think it is so thick that the wind meets total resistance, and of course wet ground.     I have moved everything that was nearby.     The rains have stopped at present but it is still blowing, not quite 80mph gusts now though. regards,  Mrs Bouquet

xx
You know you're beaten by your harvest when ...

Started by New shoot on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post September 26, 2017, 15:01
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 38 queries.