How to measure a pillow ?

• 2 Replies

mrs bouquet

How to measure a pillow ?
« on: October 19, 2019, 17:18 »
I know this sounds silly, but, I have a very plump small pillow (it is new) which needs a pillow case.  I have looked on line but cannot find a satisfactory answer.    Do I measure allowing for the filling, or do I try to press it down and try to flatten it ?   I do not want a case that is tight on it because I would like to retain the nice fullness.    This little pillow is for propping my book on for reading in bed  ::).  I think it must have been made for a childs bed maybe 2.6", but not sure.   Thanks,   Mrs bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: How to measure a pillow ?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 17:27 »
To allow for how fat the pillow is - measure round the middle of the pillow with a tape, without squashing it. Then divide the measurement in 2 and that's how wide your pillow needs to be, calculate the length required in the same way :)

Goosegirl

Re: How to measure a pillow ?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 15:01 »
MB, at your age! All you're really asking for is someone to tuck you up in bed with a hot cup of cocoa and to wish you sweet dreams! Have you looked on-line for GG's latest goose-down duvets and pillows? If not, thank goodness because Growster bought one in a fit of madness and set fire to it! Buy some cotton ticking, make a template from your previous pillow then stuff it with a mix of newly-mown hay together with dried lavender, sage and foraged bird feathers. You'll get the best night's sleep you'll ever have!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 42 queries.