italian blend mix.....what should it look like?!

• 3 Replies

courgette

« on: April 03, 2008, 13:08 »
I bought the seeds & the seedlings are doing well, prob a very daft question, but I have no idea when I can start to harvest, the packet was not helpful either...at the moment they're about 2inches high, pretty much all looking the same. Is it weeks, months?  :oops:

Celtic Eagle

• The Eagle's Nest
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 13:16 »
I guess we are talking about salad leaf mix here If so and its two inches high very soon they grow quick and can be ready within weeks . Yod don't say when they were sown but 6 to 8 weeks to harvest is a reasonable guess. Best eaten young and fresh, with loads of successional sowing to follow on .Just a thought pull one leaf off taste it and judge from there some will be ready at 2 inches is ther a photie on the packet usually shows a mature crop
Blessed Be
Celtic Eagle

Everything grows green for a Celt

Mostly organic 'cept weedkiller and slugs

courgette

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 13:23 »
thanks for the reply. Yes they're salad leaf...the packet just says "will crop over a long period if leaves are picked rather than whole plants cut" and to sow in drills in the spring or early summer....no other bit of info at all! was from organic cat too, all other packets of veg seeds been helpful so must be a one off.....or maybe most other people have bit more common sense than me!  :lol:
sowed them about 4 weeks ago, been in greenhouse, i'll try some in a week or 2 like u said  :wink:

compostqueen

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 15:31 »
if it's in the organic Gardening catalogue have a look on their website for a picture and proper description. Their packets are a bit thin on info I agree.

I love these salad mixes and graze on them while plotting, and the oriental ones.  I love to get two slices of bread and butter and make a fat sarni with the various baby leaves and just a sprinkling of salt. In summer I slice a few toms too. Lovely  :D

xx
Italian veg seeds?

Started by maxie on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post August 23, 2013, 23:22
by compostqueen
xx
Italian seeds

Started by firenze on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post August 02, 2006, 19:43
by Caretaker
xx
What do Italian cucumber plants look like?

Started by Oliveview on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post April 29, 2008, 03:28
by Trillium
xx
Franchi/Italian seeds

Started by Jome on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post June 30, 2010, 19:08
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.313 seconds with 35 queries.