Water from a bath to water veg

• 17 Replies

Trillium

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 19:12 »
But you don't throw compost over your brocolli heads, pea pods, cabbage heads, etc. You merely enrich the soil with it and the roots filter what they do and don't want along with some chemical conversion. The tops don't have that option. Nothing like a bit of dried wee stuck between the florets, especially if you prefer your veg raw.
Cooking doesn't kill all the grubby stuff as I friend of mine found when she blanched, froze, cooked and served her brocolli only to have a caterpillar crawl out of a floret on her visitor's plate.

bimbler

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 19:44 »
Grey water is fine provided you don't use any harsh chemicals, i used (during the last drought) a device with a bulb that attaches to a hose pipe and pumps the water where you want it I think it is called a drought buster as for not on the veg I water the soil so the plants can drink not wash themselves. It doesn't store because the organic components of bath water do break down in a rather smelly way the bottom line is you decide you know whats going into the water you have to decide if you want it on your garden /veg.
GOOD FOOD, GOOD WINE, GOOD COMPANY

Trillium

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 21:49 »
True, Bimbler. But a lot of folk forget they often use pretty strong tub cleaners and that stuff needs a lot of rinsing, preferably not with any bath water into the veg beds.  Bet if the guys asked their wives/partners what they clean the tub with, they'd be surprised. (okay, clean up some of those minds!)

xx
dish and bath water

Started by nickthegreek on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 19, 2009, 21:14
by Trillium
xx
I learned Today That Anglia Water are Not Turning On Our Allotment Water Supply

Started by NN2Blue on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post April 06, 2012, 09:48
by mumofstig
xx
WATER shortage - tips for saving / harvesting water please

Started by Cr78 on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post March 22, 2012, 18:52
by mumofstig
xx
Water butt water, is it ok for a greenhouse

Started by chrisnchris on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post September 10, 2011, 21:02
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.303 seconds with 35 queries.