what would you do with beetroot

• 4 Replies

prakash_mib

what would you do with beetroot
« on: July 28, 2010, 22:02 »
Is this right place to ask this question?
the one vegetable in the whole vegetable list, I hate to core is this. Getting loads from the plot. gave some to neighbours. made something called "beetroot halwa" from net recipe and it tasted ok.
what else.
I dont even like the colour stain it leaves on the chopping board. >:(
One kid is handful. Two kids.... Example for chaos theory. Hats off to my mum who managed three...

ex-cavator

Re: what would you do with beetroot
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 23:03 »
Well I'm a relative newbie and have grown several, not really eaten beetroot before but was determined to do so, just because I grew them. Picked several golf ball sized, just washed them and roasted them along with some parsnips & carrots (off the plot, of course), and they were gorgeous.

On "Ten Mile Menu" on TV tonight there was a something-and-beetroot risotto that looked great, but I can't find the recipe online at all -did anybody else catch it?  ???

gowing238

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 23:04 »
vinegar!? Picled beetroot is mmmmMM!!!
Start at the beginning, and finish at the end!!

Val H

• Head Cook and Bottle Washer
    • Recipes
Val
Recipes Galore!

daisy1990

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 01:33 »
Grate it raw and have it on salad (with or without oil/ garlic/ mayonnaise/mustard dressing) To add to risotto grate and fry with chopped onion and then add the rice and finally wine/stock. The rice will turn pink but tastes lovely a grating of parmesan on the top once cooked or stirred in at the end goes well
3 dogs, 8 chickens, 4 rabbits 2 guinea pigs, 10 quail, 2 fish and a demanding daughter who has gone to uni and left me with 29 animals to care for!!=)

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 33 queries.