Oh Noooooo...

• 34 Replies

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Oh Noooooo...
« on: August 23, 2014, 13:15 »
Well, it had to happen one day I suppose, and we have got away with it for 15 months so have not done too badly as kittens and puppies are inclined to be dumped over the walls of soft hearted Brits. Today Dave found this little scrap crying in the lane. He resisted, but when he opened the gate to see why it had gone quiet there he was, snuggled up to the gate. He wobbled down the steps and started to weave round my legs and then started following Bella who was having none of it. Then her instincts took over and as usual with babies, she has become totally besotted. Eyes cleaned, small meal of chicken and some milky water and he is now asleep in a box by the door. Only about three or four weeks old, doesn't know how to lap, very skinny but very friendly and not too many fleas. No neighbours are admitting ownership though he can't have come far. We're sunk. Meet Splash.

Determined to follow Dave

Will you be my new Mummy?

Bella watches patiently while baby eats roast chicken

So tiny

All cleaned up and ready to sleep

Dave has been depatched to town to see if he can get kitten food and flea treatment, we don't know if he will need antibiotics yet but seems strong and is shouting well.

And I don't do cats! :ohmy:

Auntiemogs

Re: Oh Noooooo...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 13:20 »
Aw, he is adorable Tosca!  :D
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

tosca100

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 13:26 »
I know Auntimogs. I'll be gutted if he doesn't make it.....as will Bella.

Dilly Dom

• Experienced Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 15:28 »
Oh I love him.  Someone has obviously dumped him at your gate as he is far too small to have travelled far.  And a good job he has found you.  Do keep us informed how he does.
Dilly
It is better to have nothing to do than to be doing nothing.

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 16:32 »
Awwwwwww Tosca she's so cute!!
I really don't understand the lack of comprehension re: spaying in these different countries.

I certainly wouldn't be able to give her up.
I wouldn't say too much about it to neighbours - if know one knows you've got her, they won't necessarily be likely to dump anymore with you - hopefully!! :)

tosca100

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 16:47 »
It is a massive problem here. We had a litter in the barn loft earlier but the martens got them and left the pieces for Dave to pick up. Spaying is considered cruel and unnatural, but then the litters of puppies and kittens get thrown in the bins.

All countries have their odd ways, but here it can be hard to bear. I think we are safe from our neighbours though, we know them well and I don't think they would dump on us, only one has cats and a dog as she lives on her own. A gypsy did knock on the door with a dumped dog on a bit of string once asking if it was our's as it looked like an overgrown lab. Not much gets past them. Lovely dog, but too much for our old lab so we had to be firm.

Snoop

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 17:00 »

Famous last words. You do now! (Love the name, by the way.)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 17:09 »
That will be Bella besotted for months then  :lol: 

I wouldn't have been able to turn my back on that little guy either.  He's very cute  :D

Auntiemogs

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 17:31 »
Hope you don't end up hating me for saying this Tosca, but have you had a mooch around to check there aren't more?  ::) :nowink: :lol:

tosca100

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 18:05 »
Hope you don't end up hating me for saying this Tosca, but have you had a mooch around to check there aren't more?  ::) :nowink: :lol:

Yes Auntimogs. Sent OH to the communal bin as that is often where they are dumped and that is the direction it came from.

Famous last words. You do now! (Love the name, by the way.)

He has a splash of white on his back as if he has been splashed with paint We have decided it's a he now we have had a good look. I had eight cats in the seventies when we were iven a pregnant female as a back handed present. Cost a fortune to get them all seen to and only a couple of them were pets as such, though they could all come in as they wanted through an open window. This one has already found it's way into the house!

snowdrops

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 18:15 »
Oh dear, I'd be besotted too, hope he makes it :)
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

tosca100

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 18:54 »
The vet is not a great help. Went to a different one as our normal one was closed, and though Dave explained I don't know how many times that we needed parasite control for a four week old kitten, when we got the stuff home it was for puppies over twelve weeks! To be fair he didn't take the cat with him, but he did make sure he had the right words and managed to get cat food.

We will have to use DE till we can catch our normal vet. Lucky stuff is cheap. Whiskas about 30p a sachet. He doesn't want it, wants roast chicken thank you very much. And he can't even lap yet.  :lol:

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 18:55 »
They have such big feet and ears at that age!! 
Like they are full sized and the kitten has to grow into them :lol:

splash101

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 20:48 »
Oh, he is sooo tiny  :( but of course i love the name  ;)

Auntiemogs

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 21:43 »
The vet is not a great help. Went to a different one as our normal one was closed, and though Dave explained I don't know how many times that we needed parasite control for a four week old kitten, when we got the stuff home it was for puppies over twelve weeks! To be fair he didn't take the cat with him, but he did make sure he had the right words and managed to get cat food.

We will have to use DE till we can catch our normal vet. Lucky stuff is cheap. Whiskas about 30p a sachet. He doesn't want it, wants roast chicken thank you very much. And he can't even lap yet.  :lol:

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 40 queries.