Cat repellant for allotment associations(maybe)

• 25 Replies

ferreter51

Re: Cat repellant for allotment associations(maybe)
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 16:20 »
A word of warning in our over litigious society. Put up some damned big warning notices about it.

Sorry to be facetious, but cats can read in your area?

Display of warning signs is required by law.

Maybe, but I have yet to see warning signs on any electric fence anywhere in this area.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 16:36 »
Dont want to harp on digger but gazza clearly states ALLOTMENT in reply No 8

Read the first post & see where the fence was first erected.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

radiohead

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 20:43 »
In fairness to the OP I do feel that some cat owners are totally oblivious to the distress and inconvenience their pets cause to non cat lovers that live around them....I do have some sympathy with his methods,although I would be concerned over the legality.
Cats are highly destructive to wildlife,and as far as I'm concerned are vermin....and yet I have no choice but to grit my teeth and swallow it when they kill the birds in my garden and the amphibians I attract to my pond. They are though intelligent enough to avoid being had twice,and one belt off an electric fence will do them no harm but ensure they get the message....whats wrong with that?

AndyRVTR

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 20:55 »
Totally agree.... I have 2 cats and both never, ever go outdoors, this is because they have been reared as house cats... If its one thing I hate it's standing in a pile of cat sh!t on my allotment....the other thing is irresponsible animal owners....

SUTTY1

• Pumpkin Champion 2010 / Super Winner of the Tallest Sunflower Competition 2011
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 22:54 »
Totally agree with andy  and radiohead

grosmont50

• PAUL
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 16:44 »
here here

DD.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 16:49 »
If anyone else suggests or endorses inflicting pain or suffering on an animal, whether it be four legged or two legged, then this thread gets locked.

This happens everytime this subject crops up with predicatable consequences.

radiohead

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 18:27 »
If anyone else suggests or endorses inflicting pain or suffering on an animal, whether it be four legged or two legged, then this thread gets locked.

This happens everytime this subject crops up with predicatable consequences.

DD I'm not having a go here,but where exactly do you draw the line?....Growing things DEMANDS inflicting suffering on all kinds of creatures....slugs,caterpillars,rats,mice...I could go on and on.....just because a slug is slimy and repulsive to us does that make it acceptable to poison it and then leave it to die a slow death drying out in the hot sun??....why is that acceptable when keeping cats out with an electric fence is deemed cruel??....is the slugs suffering any less than the cats??
It has seemed to me for a long time that the human race can justify appalling suffering on creatures deemed repulsive,but will balk at the same treatment to an animal deemed nice and cuddly :wacko:....and what about the cruelty inflicted on the cats victims?...tortured to death by the cat purely for it's entertainment because it no longer hunts out of neccessity.
Sorry but you have to have a real think about what you have posted....your take on this is somewhat lacking in logic.

DD.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2011, 18:29 »
This is the moderator's take on it.

If you have a problem, then I suggest you re-read the Site Policies that you read when you joined up, in particular the bit where it says:

"If you disagree with our site policies or any moderation carried out please contact a moderator or the site Admin rather than posting your complaint/query on the open forums. "

You did read them, didn't you?

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2011, 20:44 »
Almost every cat thread deteriorates into someones cat hating rant justified with spurious arguments too bile filled and ridiculous to merit reply.  I'm not a cat lover by any means, but lots are and in particular the site owner and his daughter.  With that in mind this thread is now locked.
Cheese makes everything better.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 23:46 »
Although this thread is locked, I can post as it's my site. With that in mind please note that I am not giving space to people who want to post about hurting cats. From now on, the tolerance ends. If you disagree with me fine, there's the door.
Please don't test me on this, I'm sick of it and will just hit the ban button.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

xx
Allotment Associations - help

Started by Arls0308 on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post April 28, 2008, 16:10
by diggerjoe
xx
allotment associations?

Started by lucywil on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post June 06, 2009, 17:45
by aelf
xx
Associations & seeds

Started by Yorkie on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post November 02, 2008, 20:26
by Mrs Soup
xx
Cat repellant

Started by sclarke624 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post April 21, 2007, 00:37
by Jake

Page created in 0.346 seconds with 35 queries.