prioritising seed packets - Last come first go

• 3 Replies

whitehill1

• Experienced Member
prioritising seed packets - Last come first go
« on: March 03, 2016, 15:30 »
any time this is what taking priority in my case. expert growers here have preset crops /seeds list to grow in advance. my memory seems too short and forgot all the 100's seed packets I have bought this year.

The seeds from swaps and shares look so fabulous than to the ones I bought. help, I want to sow some atleast from my purchases :)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: prioritising seed packets - Last come first go
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 15:55 »
Sort the seed packets into order of sowing - so all March sowings together, them all April sowings etc.
Get a little note book and write them all down in order and keep it with your seed tin/box.
Then you won't have to keep sorting through the seed packets just to see what you've got, and when to sow it - you can just look in the book. Simples.

As you work through each month's sowing list you can decide what you have room for, sow them and then tick them off the list. That way you shouldn't miss anything - good luck  :)

Some people keep more info and put everything on spreadsheets, but I still find the notebook way is easier, really  ;)

Headgardener22

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 16:13 »
Also, when you've sown something, if you want a successional sowing, just move the packet into the appropriate month then you'll hit it again at the appropriate time.

I make one exception to this - I put all my lettuce seeds in a single box, take from the front and put to the back. That way when I do a lettuce sow, I sow a number of different varieties from the box but not the same as last time.

Also my notebook is a spreadsheet which I can look at on my tablet.

whitehill1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 16:21 »
Mum,

I started with notebook of what is  sowed. have a spread sheet of seeds what I bought. but among 30 different courget/squash..40 types of peas and beans ..and many tomato ...all these are unopened packets.

and have quite number of seeds from parcel and seed circle which I can see and feel them. so they are getting good chance into seed sowing order, than to the unopened this year bought different variety.

I hate to see many seed variety I fancied and bought but can not open this year, as I have enough seeds that are also interesting/reliable ones from shared seeds.

xx
old seed packets

Started by mumof4 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post February 24, 2008, 11:03
by mumof4
xx
'out of date' seed packets

Started by heavyplot! on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post January 27, 2008, 12:42
by siztenboots
xx
Empty seed packets!!!!

Started by becky on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 05, 2006, 12:33
by becky
xx
Go on then COUNT YOUR PACKETS OF VEG SEEDS!

Started by Salkeela on Grow Your Own

27 Replies
Last post February 15, 2007, 19:28
by yummy

Page created in 0.466 seconds with 37 queries.