So miss our JRT...

• 27 Replies

Growster...

Re: So miss our JRT...
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2022, 07:20 »
Our Pepi came from Starfish Dog Rescue, they are only small but they rehome all over the country. https://starfishdogrescue.co.uk/dogs-looking-for-a-home.html Worth dropping them a line explaining your circumstances. They are brilliant at matching the right dog to the right family, but the downside of this is that you may have to wait till the right dog for you appears. Good luck, I dread being without our two.

Thank you Tangojulie!

You're the first to know that we're picking up a new chum tomorrow, Saturday, so fingers crossed everything goes according to plan!

The charity fee's gone through, I'm buying all the new kit today, and we just can't wait!

Watch this space!

AndyRVTR

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2022, 07:40 »
Great news Growster.. fingers crossed everything goes through for you and you bring a new member of your family home!

Growster...

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2022, 09:23 »
Thank you Andy!

It's a bit of a hike to West Sussex, and Mrs Growster will be in charge of treats etc!

Goosegirl

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2022, 10:08 »
Oh Growster. I am so pleased for you both. Piccies please!  :)
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

GraciesGran

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2022, 10:19 »
I'm so excited for you, we need good  news

Growster...

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2022, 18:17 »
Well!

Here are a few pics of our Lily!

She's been with us for ten days now, and she's just learned, even in the last day or so, to enjoy a walk in the churchyard, and even better, start to do the necessary out there instead of on the carpets..:0~

She really is turning into a gorgeous girl already, still a bit anxious, and doesn't like gates or doors for some reason, but can easily sit with me on the settee whenever I plonk down! She's quite a big girl - we reckon the closest is a 'Patterjack', but we really don't know and it doesn't really matter as she has such a sweet nature, and shows absolutely no aggression in the slightest!

She came from these people originally https://www.facebook.com/helpforhopedogs/ and they've been very helpful and supportive!

We kept the harness on her for the first few days, as she was too frightened to go out, so I had to gently hoik her out of her cage, but even that is getting easier now!

And she's eating us out of house and home, and luckily have a fabulous pet store https://www.charityfarmcountrystore.co.uk/ which seems to stock enough stuff for every animal in Kent!

She's just started eating one of Mrs Growster's fleeces, so that's it for now...

:0~
IMG_0077_renamed_6475.jpg
IMG_0089_renamed_30546.jpg
IMG_0092_renamed_24841.jpg

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2022, 18:24 »
Aww lovely  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

snowdrops

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2022, 19:31 »
Aww so pleased it’s going so well, she’s lovely, she does look she’s on tenterhooks &ready to run if anything upsets her, but I’m sure within a short while with you two she’ll realise she’s found her best possible forever home & start to relax more   :)
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

GraciesGran

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2022, 20:51 »
She is beautiful.  Give her time, she will settle, it must be very confusing.for her.

Goosegirl

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2022, 12:47 »
I'm in love with her already!  :) :) :)

Growster...

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2022, 07:09 »
Thank you all!

Even better these last few days, and venturing out for decent walks in the churchyard behind as well as doing the biz there as a matter of course!

And, the postman got a real sharp bark yesterday, which was an eye-opener, so I see that as another sign of her knowing/being relieved that she actually lives here with us!

Mrs Growster (ex-teacher), has started her on the 'commands' and the first two, 'Here' and 'Sit' have been taken in just a couple of days ago after an intensive training session!

And the three walks a day aren't doing me any harm either!

Mind you, I still have to come down during the night, as she still wants company, but those cushions on the floor are good for the old back, and at least I can listen to LBC - especially Steve Allen, who is hilarious at 4.30 in the morning...

GraciesGran

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2022, 07:23 »
Delighted to hear how well she's settling in.  You've made fabulous progress in such a short time.

Growster...

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2022, 12:24 »
Thank you GrGr!

Funnily enough, she's afraid of going into the back garden! It's walled all round, and she somehow feels insecure, so it may be that it reminds her of the compound she would have been kept in for a while!

I think a softly-softly approach is the best way, and as Mrs Growster reminded me that I was going to do this, I'm now late for getting lunch ready...

So it's her fault..;0)

xx
I miss newspapers....

Started by robinahood on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post January 03, 2019, 20:48
by grinling
xx
Something to miss about lockdown.

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post October 31, 2022, 20:09
by GraciesGran
xx
Miss-heard dialogue!

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post January 21, 2023, 11:05
by Kleftiwallah

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 53 queries.