remote weather stations

• 5 Replies

Lardman

remote weather stations
« on: April 25, 2014, 22:28 »
Anyone recommend something with at least 3 remote sensors ? Looking for something basic , just temp and humidity really for the 2 greenhouses and outside.

Paul Plots

Re: remote weather stations
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 01:54 »
I bought a couple of simple temperature, humidity and time electronic thermometers which came with a remote/wireless sensor thermometer. Cost less than £10 each. Quite accurate and reliable.

I have the base unit in my porch and the remote wireless thermometer in an indoor aviary / bird-room over the road so the range is pretty impressive for a cheap device.

A widely spread, low cost chain store beginning with L**l has them from time to time. 
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Lulu

• Winner Best Sunflower - 2012
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 17:39 »
I've got an Oregon scientific which I have had for several years now but only one sensor.  Did have 2 but I drowned one by accident in the green house.  Seems reliable you just need to watch the battery's on all the units for accuracy, saying that the batteries last a long time, and it's radio controlled for the time etc
Wash your hands, stay at home, distance yourself

Paul Plots

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 03:44 »
Silvercrest weather stations.... often available via E*ay usually a few days after they have been on sale at Lidls for half the price  ;) Around £10 so cheap as chips but they are reliable and work quite accurately.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 03:45 by Paul Plots »

Lardman

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 18:19 »
I wanted 1 unit with 3 remote sensor, but they seem to fall into 2 groups. Stupidly expensive (Im interested in the data but not 3 figure interested  :ohmy: ) or £40ish but changing which sensor is being displayed requires fiddling around with tiny button hidden around the back of the main unit.  :wacko: Tiny button and fat fingers aren't conducive to good health and tempter.  :mad:

I think you many be right Paul - rather than 1 device with 3 remote units I might just as well buy 3 devices, it's cheaper and by the looks of things easier to see the results :nowink: I'll pick some up from a fleabay UK seller.

Paul Plots

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 02:54 »
- rather than 1 device with 3 remote units I might just as well buy 3 devices, it's cheaper and by the looks of things easier to see the results :nowink: I'll pick some up from a fleabay UK seller.

Individual devices to gain three remotes has some advantages:-
  • 3 units + remotes....unlikely all 3 would go wrong / fail at once where as a single unit failure would leave you with nothing
  • 3 would be cheaper than one more complex model
  • simplified controls / settings on single units and all you need do is repeat the operation 3x
  • more readily available

If you are not in a huge rush to obtain them it really is cheaper to buy them direct from Lidl. I think those on E*ay are ones someone else has sourced from Lidl and then sells on.

A search came up with this:

"Weather Station £9.99 @ LIDL

Indoor base station with outdoor wireless sensor. Has barometer, thermometer, hygrometer and clock. Similar item by Oregon Scientific costs £39.99."

Similar products:

Conrad- Mebus Wireless Weather station - similar but a little dearer at £14.99

or

Unbranded Wireless Weather Station - similar but no temperature display on the remote at £14.99

No idea what these two are like. I've found Silversrest reliable and long lasting if the remote is kept dry. I had to wait for Lidl to put these back on sale after buying my first one long ago.

Hope this helps.

xx
Remote controlled Solar 12v Light for your shed

Started by Roughlee Handled on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post October 18, 2008, 09:32
by compostqueen
xx
This weather and cloches etc...

Started by MattieG on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post March 26, 2014, 06:31
by Growster...

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 29 queries.