chicken house fumer

• 4 Replies

troy

chicken house fumer
« on: July 21, 2011, 16:13 »
Hi to all you knowledgeable chicken people, I don't often post anything on this site as the information already on it is rather useful. However, has anyone ever used 'Chicken House Fumer" from the Poultry Keeper range, and was it effective?

Really enjoy this forum and will continue to use its vast knowledge    :D

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: chicken house fumer
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 16:18 »
somebody mentioned them the other day regarding red mite, however you do have to make sure the chickens are kept out of the coop for several hours and also in the case of redmite they still recommend the use of poultry shield afterwards. I think the sealing the coop up would prove to be a problem (perhaps it could be wrapped in clingfilm like they do suitcases at some airports  ::) ).
Staffies are softer than you think.

Helenaj

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 19:17 »
I've used the poultry fumer and find it very effective as a quick kill, but as Joyfull says, it still pays to spray everything with poultry sheild as a backup. I use a fumer that's meant for a bigger coop than mine so it doesn't really matter if it's not air tight. However, you must make sure it's thoroughly aired before you put the hens back in.

troy

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 12:12 »
Thankyou for replying, i already use poultry shield, and i've been lucky enough not to have had a problem with red  mite to date .I dont know  how i could seal it up and keep them out since they lay up to 5pm  each day. I might wait until i am able to take them to my allotment for weeding duties( its 10mins away from where we live and they love it.. fenced off so they dont wander to the other allotments) whilst OH tries out the fumer,   then bring them back later in the day  :)

Helenaj

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 12:22 »
Funnily enough, had to use a fumer today as I discovered the dreaded red mite yesterday. After the two hour wait I checked the coop and what this new one seems to do is draw all of the mite out onto the walls. Most were dead and the rest had a liberal spraying of poultry shield. I'm just waiting for it to dry out before I paint a DE slurry on everything.
As for locking them out - there was a queue by the temporary nest box I've placed by the coop door - a very large deep cardboard box on its side with a smaller box inside. So far I've taken 12 eggs out and there's still a queue!

xx
Anyone have a Tibetan sky chicken house?

Started by dancing trousers on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post March 29, 2012, 12:55
by joyfull
xx
selling chicken house?

Started by ChristyRose on Chicken Chat

9 Replies
Last post November 02, 2011, 17:03
by ChristyRose
xx
revamping my shed to chicken house

Started by peggygate on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post June 06, 2010, 23:00
by agingchick
xx
play house to hen house

Started by Catsmuvva on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post July 13, 2011, 10:03
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 39 queries.