Vermx

• 4 Replies

audi

Vermx
« on: September 07, 2010, 14:40 »
Just got some VermX for my girls and reading the instructions all it says is one capfull per
hen in their daily ration of drinking water which means absolutely nilch to me.  I have 4 hens so how much water should I allow to 4 caps?

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Vermx
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 19:53 »
if you got vermX as a wormer it doesn't work - sorry. It is an organic preventative with no proof that it works plus it certainly doesn't even mention gape worm. Really you should use flubenvet - which has the research to prove it works, is licensed for poultry and redily available.
Staffies are softer than you think.

audi

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 12:10 »
I got it as a preventative but would like to know what ratio of vermx to water I should mix.

3Bluebelles

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 13:09 »
Hi, We also use Verm-X as a preventative. We use the pellets and add a few to their feeder for a few days every couple of weeks. We still use Flubenvet if we spot worms or every 6 months if not, but the Verm-X seems to have reduced the frequency that they get worms. It can't do any harm as it's all natural.

But I do agree that I wouldn't depend on it. Keep an eye out for worms, and consider treating them every 6 months with Flubenvet anyway.

As for quantity, we put out around 3 litres of water for 5 chickens, and this lasts them about 2 days. They don't drink it all but we then change it for fresh anyway. They obviously drink more in hot weather.

I would use a capful per half a litre roughly.

Hope this helps,
Jacky.

audi

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 16:40 »
Thank you Jackie that is what I will do.

xx
Flubenvet v VermX

Started by Jomtie on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post April 15, 2012, 15:44
by Tony H
xx
What is the difference between VermX and Flubenvet?

Started by Elcie on The Hen House

34 Replies
Last post June 01, 2010, 16:00
by hillfooter

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 39 queries.